2017 x21bay, owners, bass fishing, pros/cons

I’m looking at a x21bay. I wish to fish it 80% bass and 20%shallow salt. Looking for your thoughts on how this boat May treat me? I am a large guy and like leaning posts and large decks to fish from. Not so comfy for me to sit on the floor of a bass boat. Thanks for your thoughts.
    Tomm in central Florida.
    Lakeland FL.
    2006 1870 Triton BaySport
    115 Merc. 4/Stroke
    dreamin- Lake Oconee-Retirement.

2. Member
    I fish 95% of the time for bass out of a H-20B CCSS Hyperlift. I like the stability while fishing and especially how the boat handles rough wave conditions crossing the lake. I am 6’1” and 260lb and plenty enough room to feel comfortable. Only downfall is laying rods on top of front deck while fishing ….I am trying to figure away to have a side mounted tilting tray to lay rods on while fishing instead of having them angle to the floor area from front deck.

3. Member
    I have the same boat and same difficulties with rods on front deck. I'm giving some thought to replacing the console seat nd back rest with starboard and seadek. Having a rod holder attached where the back rest is and using the throw cushion on the seat when needed. With the leaning post and jump seats,plenty of seating, this would give me rod accessible rod storage and hopefully more room on the front deck. Ron, we are similar stature so I think this would make it easier for me , at my age 73, to avoid trip hazards as well. I too had a bass boat but find the center console much better for my age to move about .
    As a possible option I'm also looking at Sea Sucker rod holder https://www.seasucker.com/collection...al-rod-holders .Attaching them to console . There is a You Video showing these being used for vertical storage instead of horizontal.
    Last edited by lukethedog; 01-12-2022 at 09:33 AM.

4. Member
    Not far behind you in age! I will be 67 this year…..thanks for the link for the rod holders….I need something to lay different rods down while fishing…..I usually have 5 or 6 rigged differently fishing laying on each side of me….I will come up with something! LOL ….. You will enjoy the center console boat….especially in some rougher weather conditions….