RT 178 Drop-in Compartment

Dealt with a deformed rear storage compartment in my 2015 RT178 for too long. Finally tackled trying to remove it to hack some foam out and disaster struck with me splitting the box. Ranger no help nor TH marine who they referred me too. Any ideas where I can get a similar sized compartment?
    Last edited by billwvu05; 01-10-2022 at 01:46 PM.

What are the measurements?
    2018 G3 Sportsman 17
    2018 Yamaha F90
    Garmin Ultra 106sv bow/console
    Ionic lithium batteries

3. Member
    Cut-out is appx. 14 3/4" L x 10 7/8" W x 9" H, bin is black in color. I have been scouring the internet with not much luck to this point.

If you have a g3 dealer close by check with them. I have a front compartment tha, measures 14 1/8 by 10 1/8 inside. Didn't take the compartment out though, so I don't know what the cut size would be. Might be worth a shot.
    2018 G3 Sportsman 17
    2018 Yamaha F90
    Ionic lithium batteries

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by tlefire View Post
    If you have a g3 dealer close by check with them. I have a front compartment tha, measures 14 1/8 by 10 1/8 inside. Didn't take the compartment out though, so I don't know what the cut size would be. Might be worth a shot.
    Thanks, I can make my front compartment fit in the back and if I can find something close I can replace the front one. There is nothing under or around the front compartment so I can even enlarge it some if necessary. Does anyone with a newer RT178 or RT 188 that can measure that rear storage compartment for me? Seems to me I can make it work because they can't be much larger or smaller from the pictures I have seen.

6. Member
    You might also contact some Triton dealers to see if they can get you one.
    The Triton aluminum boats are the same boat as yours other than console, seats and other trim.

I would go to Sam's and buy their white cutting board at about $7.50 a sheet and make it.
    ----------------------------
    The bitterness of poor quality is remembered
    long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten - Benjamin Franklin

2013 RANGER RT188 - YAMAHA F115 - ULTREX - LOWRANCE GRAPHS
    LOCK-N-HAUL Transom Saver, ALL ABOARD Emergency Ladder
    1996 RANGER CHEROKEE - 40 YAMAHA

8. Member
    Got back in touch with Ranger parts and they directed me to WRMG Plastics. I spoke to a guy there and he said they still have the mold for those compartments and can make them up for me. Next step is to contact Ranger parts again and order through them so we will see how this goes. I'm sure they will cost some $$$.

9. Member
    Final update, got the storage box ordered for $26 with a 4-6 week lead time. Did also get a touch up kit for some paint and that ran $40!

Not as bad as I would have thought on a one off........glad you got it taken care of.
    2018 G3 Sportsman 17
    2018 Yamaha F90
    Ionic lithium batteries