Aliexpress purchase?

Any problem ordering from Aliexpress?

2. Member
    While I haven't bought anything from them personally, I know a lot of people that have bought from Alibaba companies and been scammed heavily afterwards.

It's a Chinese company, selling discounted goods. Buy with protection and be cautious.

3. Member
    I have bought a few items from them and have had no issues whatsoever.

4. Member
    it's just Chinese Ebay like alibaba. I've ordered countless items off them w/o any issue. Make sure you use a vendor that takes paypal. You'll likely wait 3-5 weeks, mostly, for your item.

5. Member
    I've purchased several reels on their and never had issues.

6. Fishing is a Passion
    Quote Originally Posted by NEBASS78 View Post
    I've purchased several reels on their and never had issues.
    Found any baitcasters worth the purchase.

I have purchased numerous products and have never had an issue.
    2002 Pro Craft 200 Super Pro- 2005 200 Mercury Optimax, Retired
    Empty Nester- Proud Grandfather 5-30-2014-Boy-Aiden, 8-2-2017-Boy-Calen

7. Member
    I purchased two Met 20 spools. now we wait to see how long it takes to get here.

8. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyO View Post
    Found any baitcasters worth the purchase.

I have purchased numerous products and have never had an issue.
    Not really. You can get some great performance for your dollar but the reels are cheap throw away reels with not easy way to locate parts to maintain yourself and the repair costs to pay someone would quickly outstrip the value of the reel.

I much prefer their rods. They are a great value compared to USDM rods that appear vastly overpriced in comparison. They are all 2 pc though to keep shipping costs down and really a good value when looking for a 2 pc ML casting rod because there are so few of those on the US market.

9. Member
    I've purchased many items from them with little to no issues.
    Rods, reels, lures, tackle, clothing.
    Every once in a while I may be missing a lure from the order but nothing major.
    The main thing is the long shipping time. Usually close to a month.

10. Member
    Never had an issue, as others have said, just long wait times. You’d be surprised how many things are bought over there and rebranded here by “American” companies.

11. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by JJohnSind View Post
    Never had an issue, as others have said, just long wait times. You’d be surprised how many things are bought over there and rebranded here by “American” companies.
    This. Its disgusting too. Seeing a $50 Aliexpress reel listed for $200 on TW.

12. Member
    That's Chinese manufacturing for ya. Any company worth their salt in business acumen will have some level of "buy wholesale and rebrand for retail" to specifically pad the bottom line.

It's a very simple way to ensure revenues are greater than costs of product, and somewhat transparent to the unassuming consumer.

13. Member

14. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Big-Bass1 View Post
    A stella spool on an Exist body lmfao

15. Member
    "STELLA's" brand plastic $40 abomination. There is a lot of that out there. Cheap plastic reels with the look of a name brand product but with LIUYWNG or some name on them. Then there is the opposite. Some clearly Chinesium thing but with a name or even brand name that uses a symbol that is very similar to a name brand. They really like messing with the Daiwa vector logo although my favorite is still Shishamo.

The reels are all basically junk with varying degrees of what makes them junk. I've got some great performance out of my Sea Kinght Red Fox with its very poorly executed SVS type brake that would dump the entire spool of 50# braid with a bigger frog casting up there with my most furthest frog casting reels but was a coffee grinder after one heavy frog fishing summer and the centrifugal brakes sounded like a chain saw since day one. It was a surprisingly cheap and high performance tool with very questionable longevity and serviceability. Still for $39 it offered a level of performance that nothing else had. Put it on a Lew HP $39 MH jig and worm stick for a $80 combo. That stick actually makes for a decent ultra budget frog rod.

Speaking of rods. Rods are actually where Aliexpress shines. A lot of their rods are awesome for the money. For $100 and under you have access to a ton a finesse casting rods that either dont have a USDM equivalent or take a JDM rod to match at much higher cost. If you are in the market for a ML, L or even UL casting rod for $100 or less the Aliexpress is the place to look. Reel color parts, tuning parts, bearings and handles are also great buys on Aliexpress. You can get $35 spools to turn your Feugo into a finesse caster up there with reels that cost hundreds more.