BEST YAMAHA 2S OIL PRICE

So, I need some Yamaha 2S oil pretty soon. I was looking where to get it. My last gallon was $34... now I see it for $54. Where is the best price for it? It is NOT for my 188 with my 4S....This is oil for the big boat...two stroke Yamalube oil. Also, I know Walmart oil etc. Is cheaper. I am not going to run anything but Yamalube in it unless there is an emergency. thanks.
    RT188
    I LIKE boats...BUT I LOVE PLANES
    Oh yeah.... I love the RT188 too.

2. Member
    I use DOMO online. There may be cheaper options out there, but in my opinion, the option to have it delivered to my doorstep outweighs the dollar or two per gallon in savings. I have shopped around a few times, but it seems I never find a "deal" on Yamalube 2M oil.

3. Member
    Tyfoford...

Thanks a lot. I went online to check their price. They are running a special on Yamaha 2M oil with free shipping. I just got a gallon for $44.99 shipped to me free... that is a good price for right now when you figure in free shipping to my house front door. Thanks
    RT188
    I LIKE boats...BUT I LOVE PLANES
    Oh yeah.... I love the RT188 too.

4. Member
    Switch to Pennzoil it meets the requirements, runs cleaner, and of course is cheaper. You'll find a lot of people run it instead of Yamalube.
    Current: 2006 ~ 20i ~ 250 HPDI ~ T1-25p
    Previous: 2005 ~ ZX 225 ~ 250 HPDI Phase III - TXP 26p

5. Member
    Yep pennzoil xlf

6. Member
    LeadersRPMshop.com I just ordered their 4 gallon case last night for $127.00 ($31.75 per gallon). Free shipping.
    2010 Xpress X19 200 HPDI

7. Member
    15 yrs on Penzoil never a minute of problems

8. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by MattF View Post
    LeadersRPMshop.com I just ordered their 4 gallon case last night for $127.00 ($31.75 per gallon). Free shipping.
    X2. Fast shipping

9. Member
    Penzoil premium plus!!!

10. Member
    If you want your engine to burn clean and pay a reasonable price for oil, buy Pennsoil Premium or Pennsoil XLF. You can look at your exhaust hub after just one tank of gas and see how much cleaner it is.

11. Member
    Those of you recommending Pennzoil... Do I need to drain my entire tank before I put Pennzoil in?

12. Member
    I didn`t and I wouldn`t know why you should, the pump on the oil reserve tank will just send it to the tank on the motor. It seemed to blend in very well.(My two cents)

13. Member
    I didn't, I had about a third of a tank in my oil reservoir and topped it off the first time I used it. That was 6 years ago.

14. Member
    Just saw Pennzoil premium plus $18.99/gallon at rural king last Sunday

15. Member
    I used Pennzoil in my first boat 34 years ago to “save” money (it had the appropriate TCW rating). I got stuck piston rings by the second summer. They might have gotten better since (yes, I know it’s been a very long time), but my diligence in boat/motor maintenance is ingrained in me now. I’m just too gun shy to go off brand, any “savings” is irrelevant to me now. My exhaust hub is clean by the way, but I don’t think it’s the Yamalube but the more result of using Ringfree religiously though.

Save money by buying bulk. I have also found great prices on eBay, I was getting it at $26, shipped, early last year (almost as good as bulk). I usually get 3-4 cases at a time but never seen quantity discounts other than getting it by the case.
    Last edited by JJohnSind; 02-05-2022 at 06:38 AM.

16. Member
    I ran Pennzoil on my 250 ox66 for 15+ years with no issues at all. O2 sensor always clean and dog bone never had any carbon clogging.
    Much less startup smoke over Yamalube.

17. Member
    I always run some ringfree. Switched to pennzoil in my optimax to. Blended right with the dfi oil. Run ringfree in that one to.

18. Member
    My 20yr old ox66 has only ever had yamalube in it.

But boy I'm sick of paying for it, and I'm sick of clogged up O2 sensors. I run ringfree religiously and still get a good bit of carbon build up.

What Pennzoil do you guys recommend?

19. Member
    Pennzoil xlf