Moving to the Cincinnati area

Moving to the Cinci area in April from Florida. Wonder the best mapping chip for the region. Not just Ohio but Kentucky, Indiana, and Tennessee. Any help is appreciated!

2. Member
    I"m so sorry

3. Member
    FYI:a nice fish in Florida is a limit in Ohio!!!
    2022 z519 cup 225 merc 4s ser # 3B210484. 2--hds12 live units. 2 poles, atlas plate, ghost, hamby's, active target, merc digital gauges
    2002 basscat pantera 3 (dad bought new) sold 8-2-22
    2000 stratos 20 ss (bought new) 200 hp Rude ficht great boat/motor sold 11-21
    pulled by a 2500HD Denali
    proud dad of an ARMY Captain
    MAGA
    ASE/GM Master tech before tools

Quote Originally Posted by jcyoung517 View Post
    I"m so sorry
    Yeah me too! Can't wait to leave! Better fishing just about everywhere else.

Steve McQueen "Le Mans"
    Own the Champ! Life Long Petty Fan!

2003 ChampioN 2006 250 Merc. XB, Prop By Mark C.
    2002 Ranger Okeechobee Special EvinRude Ficht 90 / 9.9 4-Stroke GLAD to have a Get me to the Dock motor maybe!

5. Member
    Trust me y’all Florida is not what’s it’s cracked up to be. Yeah the fishing can be really good but our Fish and Game service is absolutely HORRIBLE and destroys just about every good lake in the state.

Do not order the chili...anywhere.

USN Retired
    2020 Basscat Caracal
    2020 Mercury 225 ProXS 4s

7. Member
    I just wanna know what chip to buy ������

8. Member
    Great lakes lake master for Hummingbirds.

Quote Originally Posted by SFL_BASSIN View Post
    Trust me y’all Florida is not what’s it’s cracked up to be. Yeah the fishing can be really good but our Fish and Game service is absolutely HORRIBLE and destroys just about every good lake in the state.
    I understand and agree I fish there too. Your be driving by a lot of good lakes getting here but if this is where the works is I understand that too. I can do my business anywhere but my wife has some great benefits where she is and it would be pretty stupid to throw that away so till she retires at this point I'm here but I'm having trouble talking myself into the Big O full time. Will probably sell everything for something in the middle but like Florida on the water.

Good luck to you! The Chili is good if you know where to get it!

Steve McQueen "Le Mans"
    Own the Champ! Life Long Petty Fan!

2003 ChampioN 2006 250 Merc. XB, Prop By Mark C.
    2002 Ranger Okeechobee Special EvinRude Ficht 90 / 9.9 4-Stroke GLAD to have a Get me to the Dock motor maybe!

10. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Rick H View Post
    I understand and agree I fish there too. Your be driving by a lot of good lakes getting here but if this is where the works is I understand that too. I can do my business anywhere but my wife has some great benefits where she is and it would be pretty stupid to throw that away so till she retires at this point I'm here but I'm having trouble talking myself into the Big O full time. Will probably sell everything for something in the middle but like Florida on the water.

Good luck to you! The Chili is good if you know where to get it!
    Thank you! I’m excited for the change. I’m excited to be able to fish for spots and smallmouth even if I’m only fishing for 10lb. I fish BFLs in Florida and Big O is my home lake but it’s still an hour away and St Johns is 5 hours. I’m excited to have 3 different divisions within 5 hours of me and learn something new!
    As far as chili is concerned, my wife is from Cinci so I’ve had my fair share of Gold Star.

11. Member
    really good dealer for ranger/evinrude just north of cincy dixie marine

not many spots to be found in Ohio and rivers have the smallies mostly we do have musky a hour north at ceasers creek also--erie is king for smallies also
    Last edited by mactlman; 01-13-2022 at 06:59 AM.
    2022 z519 cup 225 merc 4s ser # 3B210484. 2--hds12 live units. 2 poles, atlas plate, ghost, hamby's, active target, merc digital gauges
    2002 basscat pantera 3 (dad bought new) sold 8-2-22
    2000 stratos 20 ss (bought new) 200 hp Rude ficht great boat/motor sold 11-21
    pulled by a 2500HD Denali
    proud dad of an ARMY Captain
    MAGA
    ASE/GM Master tech before tools

12. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by SFL_BASSIN View Post
    Moving to the Cinci area in April from Florida. Wonder the best mapping chip for the region. Not just Ohio but Kentucky, Indiana, and Tennessee. Any help is appreciated!
    Over the past ten years, I’ve fished KY, TN, OH, MI, PA, IN, AL, MS and GA using Navionics+ cards in my Lowrance HDS units. They have never let me down as far as mapping accuracy is concerned. Highly recommend.

welcome to Ohio. Our lakes are hammered but there are still some pretty good bass lakes throughout the state. And you will be much closer to incredible smallie fishing (Lake St Clair, Lake Erie).
    2022 Ranger z518 / 2022 Merc Pro XS 200 serial # 3B137559

13. Member
    Welcome to Cinci.

C-Map is awesome in my Lowrance unit. I had Navionics before that and its not to bad.

The river can be extremely humbling when a possible 5 pound bag can win.
    Ceasers Creek isn't terrible, lots of musky.
    Brookville can be hard at times. It gets fished a lot.
    Cumberland is a few hours away. The Chick is about 5 hours just south of Watts Bar. Those can be fished on a long weekend.
    You can always head north and wear your arm out catching smallmouth.
    07 Legend LE-21__Sold.
    16 Phoenix 921 Pro xp

From Cinci you can go south into Kentucky, or go north up to Erie and find some great fishing. Just have to burn a little more fuel to get to the good places. Doubt you will find too many 5 lb. smallmouth in Florida and you will find plenty on Lake Erie. Another option is you have some really big reservoirs across the state line in Indiana as well. Good luck and welcome to the state.

15. Member
    I just got new lowrance units on my boat and I am probably going cmap for the chip. I haven't decided yet. Debating between that and hot maps. If you have humminbird lakemaster chip all the way. Had that in one of my boats in 2020 and it was fantastic. Welcome to Ohio!

16. Ohio Fishing Reports Moderator omcforever's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Rick H View Post
    Yeah me too! Can't wait to leave! Better fishing just about everywhere else.
    Cant catch 5 pound smallmouth in Florida,,, Big LM to be had in Ohio...just have to break the norm. I night fish most of the time during the week. My biggest was from Cowan at night. 2nd biggest from Caesar creek at night. Now you can fish weekends/daytime tourneys, take a number, get in line to fish a point and catch dinks all day long as well.

Age and treachery will always overcome youth and skill !!

17. Ohio Fishing Reports Moderator omcforever's Avatar
    Plenty of 5 pound smallies around Cinn/Dayton area. Great Miami is a prime choice in spring and fall. Little Miami and numerous small rivers around southeast Ohio.

Age and treachery will always overcome youth and skill !!

18. Member
    I appreciate everyone’s input. I’m excited for a change of scenery.