Lithium battery for cranking/electronics

So I’ve been digging into this for a few weeks now. Upgraded my electronics and I'm now running a Humminbird Helix 10 and Solix 10 on the bow along with a Solix 12 at the console. The Solix 10 is connected to the Mega 360 and all three units are networked through an Ethernet switch. The electronics plus the lights, live wells, aeration, oxygenators, courtesy lights, bilge pumps, and the starter of the 225 Yamaha are all currently running on a flooded battery at present. I’m thinking of upgrading to an Ionic 12V 125AH to run everything. Need it to last at least 10 hours at a shot. Anyone doing this now and is it working??

2. BBC SPONSOR / PHOENIX MOD DREWTICK's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by cfisher10 View Post
    So I’ve been digging into this for a few weeks now. Upgraded my electronics and I'm now running a Humminbird Helix 10 and Solix 10 on the bow along with a Solix 12 at the console. The Solix 10 is connected to the Mega 360 and all three units are networked through an Ethernet switch. The electronics plus the lights, live wells, aeration, oxygenators, courtesy lights, bilge pumps, and the starter of the 225 Yamaha are all currently running on a flooded battery at present. I’m thinking of upgrading to an Ionic 12V 125AH to run everything. Need it to last at least 10 hours at a shot. Anyone doing this now and is it working??

The IONIC 125ah should handle that just fine , what kind of time are you getting on your current battery?
    Drewcraft Specializes in Lithium Batteries and Chargers, We carry all Brands of Trolling Motors and Graphs, Minnkota, Lowrance, Garmin, Motorguide
    910-722-0001 call or text
    info@drewcraft.com

3. Member
    I’ve run electronics plus all the mentioned accessories for 9-10 hours without issue before, but that was with the old electronics pulling less power. The current electronics only are pulling 10 amps now, plus the other stuff. Since I’ve upgraded to the new ‘Birds, I’ve seen the voltage drop from 12.5V to 11.5V in about two hours, and that’s only running electronics, not lights or wells and such.

4. BBC SPONSOR
    We have multiple touring pros running our 12v-120ah cranking battery and supporting (5) 12" Units including all boat accessories, getting all day use is not a problem.

Call me if you would like to discuss more

Bill

205-965-8436

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by DREWTICK View Post
    The IONIC 125ah should handle that just fine , what kind of time are you getting on your current battery?
    I'll vouch for the Ionic 125. Have a 250 SHO, 2 Helix 12's and a Helix 10 networked, a garmin 1222 with livescope, and power poles. Did a tournament last week and had everything on including livewells from 630am till 3pm. Only started the big motor twice to run just a mile or two. At weigh in the battery was at 62% and reading 13.1 volts. I purposely left all the graphs on the whole time with brightness turned up all the way just to see what that battery could handle.

I couldn’t get a full day of tournament fishing out of 2 Group 31’s so I switched to the Ionic 125ah dumping 2 huge batteries (over 100 pounds)

I now run a Solix 12” and echomap 10” at the bow with live scope and a 10” Solix and a 9” echomap at the console

I can get 3 to 4 days of regular fishing or 2 full days of tournament fishing with battery to spare and that’s with the livewell pumps running all day

There are days when I make a long run that I come home with more charge then I started with

I run a zx250 with an older 250 hpdi

You won’t regret the decision
    "The handicapped angler"

7. BBC SPONSOR/ Shallow Water Anchors Moderator
    im runnin 4 big graphs 360 and active target and pumps and cranking a 225 plenty of power to spare Impulse 120 ah cranker way to go give us a call and we provide a BBc discount on all impulse.