Thread: Peacock Bass

Peacock Bass

Could someone out there please help me??

I am older and retired and who knows how many trips are in the bank... I have couple of things I would like to do. One of them is to do Peacock fishing down south. I need help with that. Financially, I cannot spend the money on a hotel and gas and all that to go here and there searching. It is just too expensive now.

So, I am asking for anything you can tell me to help out. I will be fishing during the weekdays. I leave the weekends to those working guys that don't have a choice and I leave the lakes to them.

You can feel free to PM me if there is something you don't want on the internet. And also...if you tell me something. You'll never see it in public. It will stay with me. Any tips on when, where, how, etc. on a good Peacock trip would surely be appreciated.

I appreciate it...I would like to get this done while i still.have the stamina and means to go catch some. ALSO, if you help me I won't hurt your spots. I catch and release and it is a long drive so I may only do it once or twice Thanks.
    RT188
    I LIKE boats...BUT I LOVE PLANES
    Oh yeah.... I love the RT188 too.

2. Member
    Cody Davis

3. Member
    Not sure where you're based. There's a little known area on the SW coast, near Naples.
    Plenty of peacocks, way less pressure, easy access, etc. Arrow on the map is the area.
    If you're interested, look there, unless you're closer to Miami and want to compete.

And if you're ever wanting to do a flight ... Panama is non-stop from TIA, MCO & MIA.

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by hermanp View Post
    Cody Davis
    I do not understand...
    RT188

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by FloridaFlyer View Post
    I do not understand...
    Cody is a guide out of Belle Glade, he does all types of fishing, Lake Okeechobee. Tarpon, Snook and goes down to the Everglades for Peacocks. Tight Splice Charters 954-871-9976. Great guy always on fish and passionate about any kind of fishing but I get the feeling you weren't looking for a guide.

where you are in Florida would help with recommendations, most canals and ponds in dade county have peacocks

7. Member
    https://www.flpeacockbass.com/best-south-florida-lakes-for-peacock-bass-fishing/

https://myfwc.com/fishing/freshwater/sites-forecasts/s/metropolitan-southeast-florida-canals/

Lightning 6
    2007 TR-196DC

8. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by wrat View Post
    where you are in Florida would help with recommendations, most canals and ponds in dade county have peacocks
    I agree. It was a mistake on my part to not include that. I was not thinking about something like I could be in the panhandle or something... I am in Cocoa and I don't mind driving.
    For me, this is like a bucket list thing. I intend on doing this and checking the box. I am mainly a bass person and fish pretty much for them all the time.

I just want to have a good Peacock day and don't know much about how to do it.
    RT188

Quote Originally Posted by FloridaFlyer View Post
    I agree. It was a mistake on my part to not include that. I was not thinking about something like I could be in the panhandle or something... I am in Cocoa and I don't mind driving.
    For me, this is like a bucket list thing. I intend on doing this and checking the box. I am mainly a bass person and fish pretty much for them all the time.

I just want to have a good Peacock day and don't know much about how to do it.
    One of the closest to you you would be the Osbourne/Ida Chain the cooler it is the farther south you have to travel , traps ,rapalas and live bait will get 'em they are territorial and aggressive

10. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by wrat View Post
    One of the closest to you you would be the Osbourne/Ida Chain the cooler it is the farther south you have to travel , traps ,rapalas and live bait will get 'em they are territorial and aggressive
    I was just going to suggest Lake Ida. Loaded with Peas and he can use his own boat there.

Trailer your boat to John Prince park, its only a 70 mile drive South on 95. You will also fly over it on your approach to LNA.
    2008 Ranger 178VX
    150 Yamaha V-max

GO Fins!!!

12. Member
    Thanks to everyone for their tips. It helped out.
    RT188