Replacement coil help

2010 Optimax 150 Serial #1B806600 Model #1150D73HY
    350 hours on motor

Experiencing slow hole shot and loss of top end speed and RPM's exactly like a previous coil failure. I used an inline spark detector on each coil and no spark coming from the middle coil on driver side of outboard. I am not sure how to number the coils and my mechanic invoice from October states coil #5 was replaced. I would like to find a replacement coil online to change out myself. Current part number on back of coil that was replaced in October shows 8M0042381. I can only find 1 used coil on eBay but would like to buy a new part. Is there a new replacement model number?

All spark plugs were replaced in October as well as fuel /air diaphragm and low pressure fuel pump.

I tried looking up Europeanmarine.org but my computer or phone will not load the parts search.

Thank you for any advice,
    Matt
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Harleyrockstar; 01-09-2022 at 02:42 PM.

2. Mercury 3L/4 Stroke/Verado Moderator EuropeanAM's Avatar
    Matt- we do not support the "bay" or items purchased there here in the forums.

Buy your coil from a reputable dealer. You'll need Part# 8M0077473 (don't rely on numbers you find scribed or printed on the actual part as those are Mercury's INTERNAL production numbers, and seldom match the actual part number).

Dual Mercury Master Technician- for Mercury Outboards, Mercruiser and Mercury Racing at European Marine in Greenville, SC.
    Still consider myself a "Marine Apprentice" after 47 years (learn something new every day).
    Mercury Parts, Mercury Outboards, Smartcraft & Accessories, Injector Service, TDR Reeds- BBC Sponsor

3. Member
    Thank you for the response Will part #300-8M0077471 work also?

4. Member
    no sir does not cross reference
    .................................................. ...the scariest thing in life is the unknown ...................................

5. Mercury 3L/4 Stroke/Verado Moderator EuropeanAM's Avatar
    Part# 8M0077473 only.

Dual Mercury Master Technician- for Mercury Outboards, Mercruiser and Mercury Racing at European Marine in Greenville, SC.
    Still consider myself a "Marine Apprentice" after 47 years (learn something new every day).
    Mercury Parts, Mercury Outboards, Smartcraft & Accessories, Injector Service, TDR Reeds- BBC Sponsor

6. Member
    ^^^^+1 do not intermix coils with wrong part numbers
    .................................................. ...the scariest thing in life is the unknown ...................................