Remote oil tank sensor switch

98 200 optimax #0g752228

I need the part number for the remote oil tank sensor switch. Got the dreaded 4 beep alarm and checked switch. Showing closed loop with full oil tank. Ran engine with it unplugged, no alarm. Engine is 98 200 opti #og752228. Thx

2. Member
    when the magnet drops in tank will close loop not saying switch itsnt bad more likely tank /float , i have replace 1 switch on oil tank efi or opti since 1996 to date hundreds of tanks
    .................................................. ...the scariest thing in life is the unknown ...................................

3. Member
    Looking at mine in the service manual,it looks like water sensor switch just a long tube

4. Mercury 3L/4 Stroke/Verado Moderator EuropeanAM's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 1ranger487vs View Post
    Looking at mine in the service manual,it looks like water sensor switch just a long tube
    Nope... really not even close.

You can lookup PARTS for your engine on our website- see Rhonda's post, pinned at the top of the Forum for assistance with parts.

I agree with Joe- better than 95% odds that it's the TANK.

Dual Mercury Master Technician- for Mercury Outboards, Mercruiser and Mercury Racing at European Marine in Greenville, SC.
    Still consider myself a "Marine Apprentice" after 47 years (learn something new every day).
    Mercury Parts, Mercury Outboards, Smartcraft & Accessories, Injector Service, TDR Reeds- BBC Sponsor

5. Member
    Ok thx

6. Member
    Pulled out sensor and can see how it’s made. Anyone know the oil tank part number for a 98 200 opti # 0g752228. Any out there. Thx

7. Member
    yes sir 830889a1
    .................................................. ...the scariest thing in life is the unknown ...................................