Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Hollada View Post
    Strike king baby z too, berkely flatworm, shad shaped worm, Texas rigged superfluke jr.
    Just started fishing the Baby Z Too and caught some nice fish last year. It is in my list of confidence baits that caught me some nice fish last year. I also am a big fan of the super fluke jr.

2. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by King31 View Post
    3.6" and 4.2" Maxscent Flat Worms, 4.5" Maxscent Hit Worms, Roboworm 4.5" and 6", and 7" Zman WormZ have all caught fish for me on very tough fisheries.
    KING31 your BBC inbox is full, need to delete some messages...

Easy shiner, Fin-S fish, I tie a marabou hook that is very effective.

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by MainelySmallmouth View Post
    KING31 your BBC inbox is full, need to delete some messages...
    I have not had much luck with the Keitech stuff on a drop shot set up, but they are my go to bait for finesse swimbait applications and the 3.8s are money on 1/4 - 3/8 oz swimbait jig head. Not sure why they don't work on a drop shot for me, BUT it could be me.

5. Member
    Hmmm, never thought of a baby brush as a drop shot bait. Largies or both species? Set up you use for that rig?
    Only Largemouth in Clearlake Smallies are very rare here..Baby Brush hog rigged on a weedless drop shot with 12 lb test.

I have not had much luck with the Keitech stuff on a drop shot set up, but they are my go to bait for finesse swimbait applications and the 3.8s are money on 1/4 - 3/8 oz swimbait jig head. Not sure why they don't work on a drop shot for me, BUT it could be me.
    I fish Keitechs a LOT, on a jig head they are great, but I can't make them work on a drop shot. Probably a good thing as they are a bit pricy and I see them as a one fish per bait on a DS.

Zoom Finesse worms are my favorite DS bait.

7. Member
    It's a toss up depending on water clarity for color. Either Roboworms in all types of colors dependingon water clairity or Berkly Powerbait realistic looking minnow baits in super clear water, in like 3 inch.
    2019 Nitro Z19 Sport with 150 Four stroke
    Swinging bass in the front
    and wake boards and tubes off the back

8. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by basscat21 View Post
    Easy shiner, Fin-S fish, I tie a marabou hook that is very effective.
    Marabou on a dropshot hook doesn't work, that is ridiculous...stop talking about it...it works even worse if you add a rabbit strip.

9. Member
    Can't remember the name of the zoom worm. Little flat bottom worm similar to the crosstail shad. Had some great colors. I'm in the middle of moving. When I get settled I'll dig them out and send them to you.
    2019 Alumacraft 14.5 escape tiller "child support"
    2018 Ford fiesta "pistachio"
    1992 kawasaki zx11 "legend"

10. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Alumicraft145 View Post
    Can't remember the name of the zoom worm. Little flat bottom worm similar to the crosstail shad. Had some great colors. I'm in the middle of moving. When I get settled I'll dig them out and send them to you.
    Zoom meathead?

11. Member
    No about the same size, handpoured shape, flat on one side.

12. Member
    Zoom Z drop.

13. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Alumicraft145 View Post
    Zoom Z drop.
    I'll have to look it up.

14. Member
    Beastcoast magic flick
    2020 Nitro Z20 250 Pro XS

Zoom lizards are good here...usually 4" or 5" for SM, but sometimes 6". A stick bait also works, either wacky or weedless Tx style. And the Missle Baits "Ned Bomb" works, as does the GYCB Cut tail worms.

I got hold of some of the Max-Scent baits and didn't have much happen. Fished with a guy last Fall that bought a lot of the Max-Scent stuff and he said the same thing.
    Don't bother me, I'm screwing for virginity.

I killed a 12-pack just to watch it die.

16. Member
    I have a new favorite drop shot bait. I bought a package of five inch Berkley Straight money worms and they have been great. I have used Robo Worms as well as Zoom finesse worms but I think I like the Straight Money better.

I've tried the slammer type baits but just don't have confidence with the smaller profile baits. We don't have small mouth so it spots and large mouth. Recently bought some of the missile Bomb Shots and net bait's Smallie smashers and just can't make myself fish them when I have the other baits to fish with.

17. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by g2072 View Post
    I have a new favorite drop shot bait. I bought a package of five inch Berkley Straight money worms and they have been great. I have used Robo Worms as well as Zoom finesse worms but I think I like the Straight Money better.

I've tried the slammer type baits but just don't have confidence with the smaller profile baits. We don't have smallmouth so it spots and large mouth. Recently bought some of the missile Bomb Shots and net bait's Smallie smashers and just can't make myself fish them when I have the other baits to fish with.
    I know people like the smallie smasher, but like you I haven't had much success with that bait and I fish in smallmouth dominant areas. In fact, any of those more flat style bait fish imitators haven't produced for me, ie missile bomb shot, smallie smasher and xzone finesse slammer. Not sure why, but they just don't.

18. Member
    The poor boy goby is an interesting bait. I've caught fish with it everywhere. The 3" and 4" the colors are great and they have a unique flat finish to them. My last year fishing TBF's as a co angler I had lunker 2 outs 4 events. I'm like everybody else, box full of crazy baits. Most the time I just buckle and put on the goby. And wait, there's more. ... Try the 3" on a ned head. Try the 4" on a small football head.
    If you wanna talk drop shot largemouth, then I had one lure , kinami norie bug. Had to be black and blue. I used it a lot on straight 20# braid.

19. Member
    Just bought some of these to try out...NetBait STH Finesse Series Crush Worms...I have no idea why, though, cuz I have bags of Dreamshots, Roboworms, Z Drops...guess I'm the sucker

2012 Stratos 189 VLO/150 Mercury Pro XS/MinnKota Terrova

20. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ToyotaKev View Post
    Just bought some of these to try out...NetBait STH Finesse Series Crush Worms...I have no idea why, though, cuz I have bags of Dreamshots, Roboworms, Z Drops...guess I'm the sucker
    I picked up a bunch too and I have tons of dream shots (which are really good baits), jackall crosstail shads, reins bubbling shaker and big bite baits kreits finesse worm.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast