Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
  1. Member
    I use a Dobyns dx extreme 742sf on my lighter Ned trd etc
    megabass p5 windbuster on big trd etc 1/6

2. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by gws21 View Post
    I use a Dobyns dx extreme 742sf on my lighter Ned trd etc
    megabass p5 windbuster on big trd etc 1/6
    How would you compare the sensitivity between the Dobyns 742 and the Megabass Windbuster? Curious if you believe there is a noticeable difference? I see a lot of posts on this site of anglers who say the Dobyns rods are "dead", ie not very sensitive. What does your hands on experience say??

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by MainelySmallmouth View Post
    How would you compare the sensitivity between the Dobyns 742 and the Megabass Windbuster? Curious if you believe there is a noticeable difference? I see a lot of posts on this site of anglers who say the Dobyns rods are "dead", ie not very sensitive. What does your hands on experience say??
    windbuster is more sensitive throwing the heavier neds. Dobyns 742 looses sensitivity with the heavier weight in my opinion but does great with the lighter weight neds and casts like a bullet

4. Member
    I believe when people say the rod is “dead” are over powering the blank. I have a nrx 822s that feels dead if I throw Ned with it or a heavier dropshot rig. Currently I have a kistler 7-4 m zbone that I custom ordered. I like trying all different models and brands as I’m always searching for the next better rod

5. Member
    I believe when people say the rod is “dead” are over powering the blank. I have a nrx 822s that feels dead if I throw Ned with it or a heavier dropshot rig. Currently I have a kistler 7-4 m zbone that I custom ordered. I like trying all different models and brands as I’m always searching for the next better rod
    I do the same, aways trying new gear for different techniques, which I believe heightens the sensitivity awareness and understanding. Back to the Dobyns 742, it sounds like you are saying at the right weight, the 742 is a sensitive stick, even when compared to the Megabass? What is the weight sweet spot in your opinion for the 742?

6. Member
    windbuster is more sensitive throwing the heavier neds. Dobyns 742 looses sensitivity with the heavier weight in my opinion but does great with the lighter weight neds and casts like a bullet
    Sorry about repetitive question, I didn't see this post.

7. Member
    1/15 1/10 up to 1-5 with a small plastic. 5lb braid 6lb tatsu leader I don’t know if it’s my head or the 5lb braid I feel I get better sensitivity

8. Member
    So I decided to buy a Daiwa Tatula Elite AGS Seth Fieder 7'6" MML Spinning Rod to complement my Dobyns Champion Extreme 782, 7'8" ML Spinning Rod. Can't wait for the ice to break so I can get the boat in the water and start fishing for the 2022 season. Great topic, lots of great feedback and perspectives. This website gets me through these brutally long Maine winters. Thanks BBC and tight lines to all for the 2022 season.

9. Member

10. Member
    You will like the feider rod. I have it and 2 Regular tatula 7-6 on boat nearly all season. Just great ned rod
    2020 Nitro Z20 250 Pro XS

11. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Brewerbass View Post
    You will like the feider rod. I have it and 2 Regular tatula 7-6 on boat nearly all season. Just great ned rod
    I've owned it before, and regretted selling it. It's a great hair jig rod and I think it'll make a great Ned rig rod as well. I didn't find any of the other rods in the line anywhere near as good as this rod which I think is more specialty rod. Maybe I'll see ya on the water when the ice let's go.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123