Best starting battery for 250 pro XS 2008

What cc amps should be my minimum?

2. Member
    This is a very heavy duty battery. I have been using this for years. I actually use it for all three trolling motor batteries and the starter. Never has left me high and dry and the numbers on them are very impressive including the price!

https://shop.advanceautoparts.com/p/...=Farm+group+31
    1B737378 / 2009 - 250 PRO XS

3. Member
    Check out these specs...

Product Features:
    Full frame stamped positive grid design provides increased corrosion resistance and superior cranking power
    High density paste improves cycling capability
    Polypropylene ribbed case and reinforced end-walls for extra durability
    Anchor bonding locks elements in place to dramatically improve life with superior vibration resistance
    Specifications
    BCI Group Size:
    31T
    Cold Cranking Amperage:
    950 A
    Cranking Amperage:
    1140 A
    Height:
    9.5 in
    Length:
    13 in
    Negative Terminal Location:
    Top Right
    Positive Terminal Location:
    Top Left
    Reserve Capacity:
    175 min

Built solid for vibration and corrosion as well.

Full frame stamped positive grid design provides increased corrosion resistance and superior cranking power
    High density paste improves cycling capability
    Polypropylene ribbed case and reinforced end-walls for extra durability
    Anchor bonding locks elements in place to dramatically improve life with superior vibration resistance.

All for a $133.00. Plus there are often coupons and such for 20% off. Last trolling motor batteries I bought were about $100.00 each about 3 years ago.
    1B737378 / 2009 - 250 PRO XS

4. Member
    Engine only minimum is 800CCA, in a fishing application choose one of the top recommendations from this topic and be happy - BATTERIES THAT MEET THE REQUIREMENTS

I have the Northstar 31AGM in my boat.
    _______

Phil
    '09 Hewescraft ProV
    '09 150 Optimax

5. Member
    that NORTHSTAR is a bad dude
    .................................................. ...the scariest thing in life is the unknown ...................................

6. Mercury 3L/4 Stroke/Verado Moderator EuropeanAM's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by bassguy12 View Post
    What cc amps should be my minimum?
    If you would, please take a moment to review the Announcements at the top of the Forum, and be sure to provide the Required Info (serial number) when posting. Thanks!

For a FISHING application, you really should not consider anything less than 950 CCA. See the FAQ Section, "Batteries that Meet the Requirements" and pick out one that suits your needs. Very comprehensive list right there.

Dual Mercury Master Technician- for Mercury Outboards, Mercruiser and Mercury Racing at European Marine in Greenville, SC.
    Still consider myself a "Marine Apprentice" after 47 years (learn something new every day).
    Mercury Parts, Mercury Outboards, Smartcraft & Accessories, Injector Service, TDR Reeds- BBC Sponsor