Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by tdt91 View Post
    Yeah Okay. I guess you won't be invited to Mulligan's Valley, LOL How much does the Ultrex trolling motor weigh? | Minn Kota Motors
    1 out of 3. I did eventually find that one. And one for the force that was well hidden.

Find the weight on the lowrance website and you will have me beat.

I didn't even look for the other two. I knew about the TM because I looked for it a couple months ago
    2000 Javelin Renegade 20 DC.
    Strong men create easy times, Easy times create weak men & weak men create hard times. Sheikh Rashid bin Saeed Al Maktoum
    In 1944 18-20 year old's stormed beaches, and parachuted behind enemy lines to almost certain death.
    In 2015 18-20 year old's need safe zones so people don't hurt their feelings. "Author Unknown"
    In 2021 18-40 year old's want to and work to cancel you out if you have a different opinion.

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by KandKKustomz View Post
    I've heard thru rumor may be a I cast release , but could be speculation.
    Well its going to have to be something just out of this world to compete at this point. The trolling motor market was already competitive but now that lowrance and Garmin have been in its completely saturated. We'll see how it goes but my hunch is power pole took way long to get to market

4. Member
    I don't know why nobody makes an aluminum housing for the motor and knock a couple of pounds off the important part.

Quote Originally Posted by RazorCat View Post
    On Amazon, Item weight is listed as 78lbs. for an MG Tour Pro w/HD+ Sonar 36V - 45" shaft.
    That has to be shipping weight. I weighed mine before I installed it: mount + TM = 62.8 lbs.
    There was a time that I didn't fish but I cannot remember it.

Quote Originally Posted by Macsimus View Post
    That has to be shipping weight. I weighed mine before I installed it: mount + TM = 62.8 lbs.
    I suspected that, but didn’t know since it’s a 36V model. I know the new 24V Tour Pro I just installed was noticeably lighter than my friends Ultrex we removed, repaired, and reinstalled a few weeks prior. But, it’s still built like a tank. I took 100+ lbs. out of the back of the boat when I went to lithium batteries and a lighter charger. I didn’t want to add a lot of weight to the bow of my Sabre FTD since it doesn’t respond well to a heavy load up front.
    BassCat Sabre FTD
    Mercury 150 Optimax
    "It's just fishing"

7. Member
    I do not like the all electric without the cable feedback feel. I don't like it for a lot of reasons but one is the delay.

Unless there was a substantial difference in the weight, I would buy the Ultrex. I love mine and it has been very dependable. Lots of service centers also if you need something.

I shopped....bought mine at a good price...started in the morning and pulled the Fortrex and installed the Ultrex myself. It does everything I want it to do. Best accessory I ever bought for my bass boat.
    RT188
    I LIKE boats...BUT I LOVE PLANES
    Oh yeah.... I love the RT188 too.

8. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by RazorCat View Post
    I suspected that, but didn’t know since it’s a 36V model. I know the new 24V Tour Pro I just installed was noticeably lighter than my friends Ultrex we removed, repaired, and reinstalled a few weeks prior. But, it’s still built like a tank. I took 100+ lbs. out of the back of the boat when I went to lithium batteries and a lighter charger. I didn’t want to add a lot of weight to the bow of my Sabre FTD since it doesn’t respond well to a heavy load up front.
    So the 24v motorguide is significantly lighter huh?

What are the reviews on the 24v your pro?

Quote Originally Posted by tommoorehouse View Post
    So the 24v motorguide is significantly lighter huh?

What are the reviews on the 24v your pro?
    Yes. Based on my memory of having to lift and hold my buddy’s Ultrex up while he reattached to the mount vs. doing the same with my MG we both deemed the MG noticeably lighter. The metal pedal is what sold me on another Tour.
    Plenty of threads on here for the Tour Pro. If they can get the GPS issue resolved they’re going to have a solid TM. I really like mine. The HD+ Sonar is excellent.
    BassCat Sabre FTD
    Mercury 150 Optimax
    "It's just fishing"

FWIW, I have a Margay with the Ultrex. It came with the Fortrex and had it taken off in the showroom and added the Ultrex before the boat got wet. I don't think there was a big difference in size and weight with the Fortrex but I wanted spot lock and other features of the Ultrex so it was an easy choice for me then in 2018. There are certainly more choices now though.

11. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by depdog60 View Post
    FWIW, I have a Margay with the Ultrex. It came with the Fortrex and had it taken off in the showroom and added the Ultrex before the boat got wet. I don't think there was a big difference in size and weight with the Fortrex but I wanted spot lock and other features of the Ultrex so it was an easy choice for me then in 2018. There are certainly more choices now though.
    That's great to know. The Ultrex is my default choice because I just prefer minnkota. I have a few more months to get one with the Chicago winter so I'm just looking for the right deal.

I'm curious to know if it looks huge on the front of the boat.

thanks
    tom

I guess maybe it does but I didn't think about it b/c I couldn't afford to put it on a Cougar, Eyra or Puma lol.
    20180823_192135 resized.jpg
    Last edited by depdog60; 01-15-2022 at 04:11 PM.

13. Member
    Looks like you take good care of your margay! Thanks for the photo.

14. BBC SPONSOR/ Shallow Water Anchors Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by billnorman1 View Post
    I don't know why nobody makes an aluminum housing for the motor and knock a couple of pounds off the important part.
    or titanium hmmm... wouldnt that be a weight gamechanger... ya just never know whats coming...

80 pd terrova probably comes in at 40 pounds
    Mercury 250 proxs 2B115089

Quote Originally Posted by tommoorehouse View Post
    Looks like you take good care of your margay! Thanks for the photo.
    Thanks, I do. Glad to help Tom.

17. Mid-West Rally Moderator rudapa's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by bassfisher444 View Post
    Do you get feedback in the pedal like you do with a cable steer so you can maneuver around without even looking at the direction of the head, also how responsive is it?
    I've always had a MK, Ultrex and a Fortrex were my last 2. The Ghost is the best of the bunch IMO. Self centering on load, a hook to catch the cable to deploy, no cables to worry about on the head, smoother, quieter. I don't have to look down to know which direction I'm headed, the foot pedal feels similar to the Ultrex not near as stiff as the Fortrex. I'm very happy with it so far. One critique, it is VERY sensitive to being level on the boat when in the water.

18. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by KandKKustomz View Post
    or titanium hmmm... wouldnt that be a weight gamechanger... ya just never know whats coming...
    Honest question, why keep bringing up the power pole motor? You can’t give any details, power pole has no details or release dates, and even after it’s released I have doubts that they can keep it stocked (look at the power pole charge).
    2020 Nitro Z20 Pro Package

19. BBC SPONSOR/ Shallow Water Anchors Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by Mcjenson View Post
    Honest question, why keep bringing up the power pole motor? You can’t give any details, power pole has no details or release dates, and even after it’s released I have doubts that they can keep it stocked (look at the power pole charge).
    did I refer to the power pole trolling motor just then? Question was about weight I'm simply saying that would be a gamechanger as far as weights concerned.
    Last edited by KandKKustomz; 01-17-2022 at 06:29 PM.

20. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by rudapa View Post
    Self centering on load,
    This is the only feature my Tour Pro does not have that I wish it did.
    2021 BassCatt Pantera II
    200 Pro XS(3B056653)
    Motorguide Tour Pro

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast