Springfield Loaded 1911

Just bought a Springfield Loaded 1911,put a 100 rounds through it this morning...beautiful gun,and the trigger is way better than on my Glock

2. Member
    1911's are a pure joy to shoot, especially due to the trigger. I've always had my eye on the Loaded but I'm liking the looks of the new Garrison. One day I will have a TRP.

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Cestratton View Post
    1911's are a pure joy to shoot, especially due to the trigger. I've always had my eye on the Loaded but I'm liking the looks of the new Garrison. One day I will have a TRP.
    I knew someone that bought a TRP. I could not believe how nice it was for the money. I did not like that that particular model was bushingless but other tan that it was really really nice. I will probably not ever buy a springfield because of their failure to stand with gun owners but they can make a nice product.

4. Member
    I considered buying a Loaded but wanted a checkered front strap.
    2020 Triton 18 TRX
    Tournament Fishing Package
    2020 Mercury 200 Pro XS V8 Serial # 2B588923
    Minn Kota Ultrex 80# I Pilot Link
    Hi Jacker EZ 6" Jack Plate
    Bravo 1 FS 24 Pitch Prop
    Humminbird Helix 7 SI GPS CHIRP G2 Bow
    Humminbird Helix 7 CHIRP MEGA GPS DI G3 Console
    Trick Step Boarding Steps
    RMP Engine Support

Quote Originally Posted by Frogchunker View Post
    Just bought a Springfield Loaded 1911,put a 100 rounds through it this morning...beautiful gun,and the trigger is way better than on my Glock
    Congrats! I'm pretty new to 1911's and now I don't want to shoot anything else but they can get very expensive! I know Glocks are good guns but I just don't care for them, especially after owning and shooting 1911's. An Atlas is on my list but it'll be awhile before I get one. I want a Wilson Combat also.

I own a couple of Staccato's (formally STI) and one is their XC model which was pretty expansive, at least to me. I was shooting with my cousins and my son in Tennessee over Christmas and we were hitting a steel plate about 8" in diameter at a 100 yards with the XC, equipped with a Trijicon SRO. It's a crazy good shooting gun.

Quote Originally Posted by C130 View Post
    Congrats! I'm pretty new to 1911's and now I don't want to shoot anything else but they can get very expensive! I know Glocks are good guns but I just don't care for them, especially after owning and shooting 1911's. An Atlas is on my list but it'll be awhile before I get one. I want a Wilson Combat also.

I own a couple of Staccato's (formally STI) and one is their XC model which was pretty expansive, at least to me. I was shooting with my cousins and my son in Tennessee over Christmas and we were hitting a steel plate about 8" in diameter at a 100 yards with the XC, equipped with a Trijicon SRO. It's a crazy good shooting gun.
    Pretty sure I couldnt hit much at 100 yards,but shot it very well up to 25 yards..I can already see me getting another one,maybe in 9MM

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by 1Holeshot View Post
    I considered buying a Loaded but wanted a checkered front strap.
    What did you go with, my first and only 1911 was a Kimber TLE that I chose over their Custom II simply for the FS serrations.

8. Banned
    I have an old Colt Series 70. I have polished the feed ramp, fitted a Caspian Trik Trigger in it and staked in a new front sight and replaced the rear sight with an adjustable one. Put in a lighter recoil spring and toned down my reloads. It sure is fun to shoot... Wouldn't trade it for anything

Quote Originally Posted by Frogchunker View Post
    Pretty sure I couldnt hit much at 100 yards,but shot it very well up to 25 yards..I can already see me getting another one,maybe in 9MM
    It definitely wasn’t every shot by any means but I was surprised at how many times we hit it. This gun makes most people look like they are a much better shooter than they really are, definitely the case with me. I did let one guy next to me at the range shoot it after he asked me about it and he somehow managed to shoot way left every shot. It has a compensated barrel and a light trigger, around 2-2 1/2 pounds, and it very easy to shoot.