Increases DFI Oil - 2022

I was convinced to move to the DFI oil after getting my boat. We are in Michigan and I was looking to stock up after hearing some talk that prices are going up. We did notice that the big box stores went from $39 to $47.

We have a local dealer that sells in bulk and that has been the ticket. They went from $32 to $37. He did tell us that it's going up again before the end of January and they suspect one more. I bought 6 gallons and might go get more.

Quote Originally Posted by SAL321 View Post
    Quantify garbage ? Oil analysis ? Merc. Engineering feedback ? To each his own but it you find the Penn works for you so be it. I use the DFI and the cocktail that has been well documented and I've taken a videoscope into the cylinders and they are clean. Zero smoke, no smell, the only carbon build-up is when I idle around on the graph. It's a 2016 and outside of routine maintenance I've never lost one day of fishing related to a mechanical failure. This all works for me and is all the evidence I need to spend MY money.

Personally I put quality synthetic in all my autos. Not recommended but again my dime, my preference. I trust the thousands of comments made by the guys that could rebuild these merc's blindfolded if they needed to.
    I feel the same way. Don is my Merc mechanic and completely trust him. It is what he recommended and what I used.

USN Retired
    2020 Basscat Caracal
    2020 Mercury 225 ProXS 4s

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by SAL321 View Post
    Quantify garbage ? Oil analysis ? Merc. Engineering feedback ? To each his own but it you find the Penn works for you so be it. I use the DFI and the cocktail that has been well documented and I've taken a videoscope into the cylinders and they are clean. Zero smoke, no smell, the only carbon build-up is when I idle around on the graph. It's a 2016 and outside of routine maintenance I've never lost one day of fishing related to a mechanical failure. This all works for me and is all the evidence I need to spend MY money.

Personally I put quality synthetic in all my autos. Not recommended but again my dime, my preference. I trust the thousands of comments made by the guys that could rebuild these merc's blindfolded if they needed to.
    +2. Nothing but DFI in mine ever and always will be.
    _______

Phil
    '09 Hewescraft ProV
    '09 150 Optimax

4. Member
    ^^^^^+1
    .................................................. ...the scariest thing in life is the unknown ...................................

5. Mercury 3L/4 Stroke/Verado Moderator EuropeanAM's Avatar
    Sal321: Please take a few moments to review the Announcements at the top of the Forum, and be sure to provide the Required Info (serial number) when posting. Thanks!

Alright guys- it's obviously time that a few ALSO read through the Forum Announcements. For future reference, oil recommendations are listed in the FAQ Section where they can be read and accessed at any time.

We will NOT be having liquid/oil disputes, however. Thread cleaned up (far more than should be necessary).

Dual Mercury Master Technician- for Mercury Outboards, Mercruiser and Mercury Racing at European Marine in Greenville, SC.
    Still consider myself a "Marine Apprentice" after 47 years (learn something new every day).
    Mercury Parts, Mercury Outboards, Smartcraft & Accessories, Injector Service, TDR Reeds- BBC Sponsor

6. Member
    Mine runs great on Pennzoil XLF.

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by EuropeanAM View Post
    Sal321: Please take a few moments to review the Announcements at the top of the Forum, and be sure to provide the Required Info (serial number) when posting. Thanks!

Alright guys- it's obviously time that a few ALSO read through the Forum Announcements. For future reference, oil recommendations are listed in the FAQ Section where they can be read and accessed at any time.

We will NOT be having liquid/oil disputes, however. Thread cleaned up (far more than should be necessary).
    +++++ 100 ^^^^^ , i know of 2 cases where MERCURY MARINE failure analysis team asked for oil samples for boat tank before rendering warranty approval on power head failures that exceeded limits of warranty period limits , GOOD LUCK fellers JOE "expert"
    .................................................. ...the scariest thing in life is the unknown ...................................

8. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by EuropeanAM View Post

Appreciate the reminder. I just added my sig. so I don't forget. Your house, your rules and I always appreciate the advice, PM's and help from everyone.
    Scott
    2016 Nitro Z20 Pro
    Serial # 2B125401 - 250ProXS DFI/TM2