Going to build a couple rods for the upcoming season. My girlfriend and I fish crappies a ton until bass season opens here in MN. Last year my gf used an old 5'-6" ultralight that had a moderate action. It works but it doesn't cast real far. I am going to build her a 6'-6" UL-F Mudhole blank in light blue metallic, gonna go with a Fuji VSS reel seat with a cork grip, Fuji KL Gunmetal SiC guides with blue variegated thread. Last year I built her a 6'-6" MH-F casting rod for bassin, purple metallic blank.

For myself, I am going to do a BFS Rod. I am going with a Bushido 6'-9" ML-XF, going to turn a custom handle out of Cypress Knee from the family farm in Arkansas, Fuji ACS reel seat, PacBay Minima Titanium Guides all the way up with black variegated thread. Putting and Alphas SV on it and going to throw 6lb Fluoro with Neds or 1/16 - 1/8 Texas rigs.

Last year I lost 3 big bass on my crappie set up using either 3 or 4 lb test and I am hoping this BFS setup will be something I can upsize just slightly from my crappie offerings on slightly heavier (but still very light) line when I see a manatee swimming around down there on livescope. This new rod will be on deck at all times on two specific lakes I fish as they don't have a ton of vegetation but they both have very large bass. All three of the ones I lost left me shaking on the front deck for 20 minutes or better, had eyes on two of them and the third just took me for a ride.