Thread: Foot Throttles

Foot Throttles

Has anyone found a foot throttle that that is (a) compatible with the new 8 cylinder Mercury engines and (b) requires less force than the T-H Marine Hot Foot throttle.

I used the T-H Hotfoot for years on an Allison and on my first two Bullets. But because of a medical condition, I had to change to a different brand (lighter spring system) on my current boat (21' XRD). My current foot throttle (made by "In Control Equipment" --no longer in business) has worked great for 10 years.

BUT today I find out that my existing foot throttle isn't compatible with the new Pro XS 4-stroke that my dealer is installing (to replace my 2 stroke engine). Apparently the existing foot throttle won't provide the range of motion needed between full throttle and complete idle.

Anyone have experience with foot throttles other than the T-H Marine version ?

2. Member
    Have you considered a TH Marine foot throttle with a lighter pull weight spring?
    2020 Triton 18 TRX
    Tournament Fishing Package
    2020 Mercury 200 Pro XS V8 Serial # 2B588923
    Minn Kota Ultrex 80# I Pilot Link
    Hi Jacker EZ 6" Jack Plate
    Bravo 1 FS 24 Pitch Prop
    Humminbird Helix 7 SI GPS CHIRP G2 Bow
    Humminbird Helix 7 CHIRP MEGA GPS DI G3 Console
    Trick Step Boarding Steps
    RMP Engine Support

3. Member
    All you need to do is change the spring. I had to call a few industrial hardware stores until I found one that stocked a multitude of different springs. Swapped it out, piece of cake.

4. Member
    May want to ck out the SeaStar one.

5. Member
    I believe Mercury offers a digital hot foot option that can be linked with the standard hand throttle. You can actually switch between the two with push of a button. Not sure what the cost is on these, but it might be an option to consider.
    Dave
    2021 Triton 18TRX, Mercury 200 ProXS-4s
    Lowrance Elite FS, w/ Active Target
    Humminbird Helix 9 MEGA SI G4N
    Humminbird Helix 9 MEGA DI G4N