Kent Lake Michigan Video

There isn't a whole lot I can say about this video other than it was a tough day filming and a tough day fishing. Almost didn't put anything together on it, but figured some might want to see some of the lake and fishing.

https://rumble.com/vrwr2n-kent-lake-...66lt3&mc=9e0fe
    Attached Images Attached Images

This guy does a ton of videos on Kent Lk... https://www.youtube.com/c/Arcasting1/videos

Marks Props 317-398-9294, 1850 East 225 South, Shelbyville, Indiana 46176 propellerman59@gmail.com http://www.marksprops.com/index.html

Quote Originally Posted by 21XDC View Post
    This guy does a ton of videos on Kent Lk... https://www.youtube.com/c/Arcasting1/videos
    I ran into him walking the shoreline when I was there walking this summer with my wife. He recognized me, and we talked for a bit. I didn't know who he was until he told me. We talked about the downward slide of YouTube and whether he was going to stay on there or not. That is when I told him we had moved over to Rumble.

4. dartag1829
    Nice video. That lake will make you laugh and cry. Cool drone footage. What kind do you have. Might be my next project if I sell my Ranger in the spring.

Quote Originally Posted by dartag1829 View Post
    Nice video. That lake will make you laugh and cry. Cool drone footage. What kind do you have. Might be my next project if I sell my Ranger in the spring.
    I just have a cheap mini drone. Nothing special. Super light and compact.

The drone work really adds to your videos....

Marks Props 317-398-9294, 1850 East 225 South, Shelbyville, Indiana 46176 propellerman59@gmail.com http://www.marksprops.com/index.html

Quote Originally Posted by 21XDC View Post
    The drone work really adds to your videos....
    I think you will lake some of the up north shots from Leelanau, Charlevoix, Walloon, and Six Mile.

8. dartag1829
    Got to believe a drone would be a great way to find beds. In places like Muskamoot Bay or other places on St Clair it would save a lot of time.

Got to believe a drone would be a great way to find beds. In places like Muskamoot Bay or other places on St Clair it would save a lot of time.
    St. Clair has a lot of no fly zone due to the Selfridge Air Force Base. You get down around 9 mile and it's okay to put it up. I will say you see lots of stuff you wouldn't normally see. Up north it seems like you see tons of logs and things like that. There must have been an old logging industry on most of those lakes up there.

Yes... And paper mills from what I was told.

11. dartag1829
    Quote Originally Posted by bigbass201 View Post
    St. Clair has a lot of no fly zone due to the Selfridge Air Force Base. You get down around 9 mile and it's okay to put it up. I will say you see lots of stuff you wouldn't normally see. Up north it seems like you see tons of logs and things like that. There must have been an old logging industry on most of those lakes up there.
    The Manistee river was a major log floating river. We used to fish at Udell Rollaways. Steep hill they used to roll the logs down to the river. Proably a lot sunk floating down to the lake. There used to be a huge paper mill on the south west end of the lake. Not sure if it is still there.

The Manistee river was a major log floating river. We used to fish at Udell Rollaways. Steep hill they used to roll the logs down to the river. Proably a lot sunk floating down to the lake. There used to be a huge paper mill on the south west end of the lake. Not sure if it is still there.
    Here is an underwater view from Charlevoix. You can really see the stacks of wood.

Logs.jpg

13. dartag1829
    That looks snaggy. Did find this on the web.

Charlevoix County
    Lumbering in Charlevoix County is a comparatively modern industry. In the summer of 1879 J. C. Glenn moved his sawmill from Leland, Leelanau County, to East Jordan, and erected it upon the shore of the lake. William P. Porter, also of Leelanau County, became a partner of Mr. Glenn under the firm name of Glenn & Porter. The timber had been exhausted in the vicinity of Leland and the mill was moved to this point on account of immense quantities of hard wood timber in this vicinity.
    Mr. Glenn was a native of Pennsylvania and settled at New Mission in 1855, being one of the pioneers of Leelanau County. He remained at New Mission about two years, and then engaged in farming which he carried on successfully for several years. He came to Leelanau County with only five dollars to start with, and realized enough from his farming operations to start himself in other business. He engaged in the manufacture of lumber at Leland and carried it on about ten years, until his removal to East Jordan in 1879, as already stated.
    The starting of this mill was the beginning of East Jordan as a business center. Some industry was needed as a nucleus of business interests and activities. The lumbering operations of Glenn & Porter gave employment to men, made a market for logs and opened the way for other interests to follow. Mr. Glenn opened a store and carried on mercantile business for many years. At the time the mill was established at East Jordan there were only five or six families at that point. The firm built a boardinghouse and docks, erected a number of store buildings and dwellings and was active in many ways in building up the village.

That looks snaggy. Did find this on the web.

Charlevoix County
    Lumbering in Charlevoix County is a comparatively modern industry. In the summer of 1879 J. C. Glenn moved his sawmill from Leland, Leelanau County, to East Jordan, and erected it upon the shore of the lake. William P. Porter, also of Leelanau County, became a partner of Mr. Glenn under the firm name of Glenn & Porter. The timber had been exhausted in the vicinity of Leland and the mill was moved to this point on account of immense quantities of hard wood timber in this vicinity.
    Mr. Glenn was a native of Pennsylvania and settled at New Mission in 1855, being one of the pioneers of Leelanau County. He remained at New Mission about two years, and then engaged in farming which he carried on successfully for several years. He came to Leelanau County with only five dollars to start with, and realized enough from his farming operations to start himself in other business. He engaged in the manufacture of lumber at Leland and carried it on about ten years, until his removal to East Jordan in 1879, as already stated.
    The starting of this mill was the beginning of East Jordan as a business center. Some industry was needed as a nucleus of business interests and activities. The lumbering operations of Glenn & Porter gave employment to men, made a market for logs and opened the way for other interests to follow. Mr. Glenn opened a store and carried on mercantile business for many years. At the time the mill was established at East Jordan there were only five or six families at that point. The firm built a boardinghouse and docks, erected a number of store buildings and dwellings and was active in many ways in building up the village.

Pretty cool. I like reading about the history of the area. Thanks for looking that up.