Page 1 of 13 12311 ... LastLast

Was I in the wrong???

Getting pounded by a decent snow this evening, about 6-7" on the ground right now. Coming home from work this evening I noticed 2 pickups and an ATV doing Doughnuts in the local Church parking lot. I stopped my car walked over and confronted the young men, probably 5-6 young men 18-20 years old. I told them they shouldn't be doing this on church property & that the local Sheriff could be called if needed.

Seeing that just didn't sit well with me, if my 19 year old had his pickup in a church parking lot doing doughnuts I'd wear his @$$ out myself. IMO just some things you should just know better.

I don't want to be the crotchety old guy that the young folks hate on, and I know they weren't intentionally trying to do no harm, I just felt it was disrepectful to the place/property.

2. Member
    It’s good for young people to be held accountable from time to time.
    2007 Ranger188vs, Mercury optimax 150

3. Member
    I fail to see the harm in it. With snow on the ground, it doesn't even leave rubber

4. Ft Gibson Lake America lakefolk's Avatar
    if i had a nikel for every doughnut i did in a parking lot in the snow i coulda retired years ago...

"Being a winner is more than getting a first place trophy, it is acting like the effort was an honor and the trophy is just a decoration."

"A successful man is one who can lay a firm foundation with the bricks others have thrown at him"

5. Member
    disrespectful to the church? if it were a school parking lot would that be disrespecting the school?

if they caused any damage sure, but was there any?
    1995 Ranger 690 VS
    2008 Yamaha 150 4 Stroke

LOL. Your actions and posts line up so well.
    2019 BassCat Lynx 2019 250 Pro XS 4 Stroke - 2B573410
    "Reality Is Often Disappointing."

7. Member
    That was pretty disrespectful. They could have done that somewhere else.

Get any snow in your new balance shoes?

Kids being kids, no harm you telling them, but wasn’t going to hurt a thing.

9. Ft Gibson Lake America lakefolk's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Transom View Post
    That was pretty disrespectful. They could have done that somewhere else.
    yea like a wal mart parking lot,, you get more points the closer you get to cars without hitting them,,

"Being a winner is more than getting a first place trophy, it is acting like the effort was an honor and the trophy is just a decoration."

"A successful man is one who can lay a firm foundation with the bricks others have thrown at him"

You should've mind your own business on this one. You were definitely the crotchety old man.
    Gambler 2200/250 Pro XS

It is a good way to learn how to drive in the snow…

USN Retired
    2020 Basscat Caracal
    2020 Mercury 225 ProXS 4s

12. Ft Gibson Lake America lakefolk's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Gambler Bob View Post
    You should've mind your own business on this one. You were definitely the crotchety old man.
    and snitches get stitches,,,

13. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by spinningreel View Post
    Getting pounded by a decent snow this evening, about 6-7" on the ground right now. Coming home from work this evening I noticed 2 pickups and an ATV doing Doughnuts in the local Church parking lot. I stopped my car walked over and confronted the young men, probably 5-6 young men 18-20 years old. I told them they shouldn't be doing this on church property & that the local Sheriff could be called if needed.

Seeing that just didn't sit well with me, if my 19 year old had his pickup in a church parking lot doing doughnuts I'd wear his @$$ out myself. IMO just some things you should just know better.

I don't want to be the crotchety old guy that the young folks hate on, and I know they weren't intentionally trying to do no harm, I just felt it was disrepectful to the place/property.
    18-20 years old? How many times in their live time did they get too do that, in KY? Here it's every day.

14. Member
    Well, I don't know. I had my grandson in the truck today. Plenty of snow here and still coming down. We pulled two different pairs of young ins out of the ditch on the way to town. We dropped the wife off at the store and when we returned we did doughnuts in the parking lot until she came out. Personally I like doing doughnuts and eating them too.

As far as the church parking lot, well I don't grace them with my presence so I guess I don't care what they do in the parking lot.
    GETFISHED !!!

15. Team Catfish Original hatcreek's Avatar
    You were gonna call the cops about some doughnuts?
    Who controls John Gill?

16. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Ckfishin View Post
    LOL. Your actions and posts line up so well.
    My thoughts exactly, surprised he didn't wish death on them like he does on others for something else he doesn’t agree with.

17. Member
    I've always been taught to respect Church grounds. The church spends a lot in the fall to have their blacktop sealed and looking good. I've done some dumb things in my younger days that Im not proud of, I know they weren't intentionally trying to do any damage, just trying to have a good time.

18. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by spinningreel View Post
    I don't want to be the crotchety old guy that the young folks hate on
    Too late!

19. Member
    I’m 65 years old, if I’m in a parking lot with snow on it and no cars around. I’m doing doughnuts.
    Just the kid in me, I can’t help it!!!
    If my wife is in the truck, she bitches and complains, of course she is old and crotchety!!!

20. Ya, I Live on Rainy Lake! basscla's Avatar
    I don’t think this thread went as planned….

Page 1 of 13 12311 ... LastLast