Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Issues after ordering DVX22

After touring factory and test driving some over the summer me and my father put deposit down and ordered a basically fully loaded DVX22 on September 1st.

We were told multiple times at the factory, and at the local dealership by ordering in September we could have our boat done and to us, end of November or in December. Knew November was long shot but not concerned as long as we get it before Spring crappie. After that news we sold our other boat and put that money towards this new boat thru the dealership.

Tried to get updates in November, were told by dealership it would probably be end of December and that they were just now "pulling the sheet" to start production. When December got here and no detailed info we hassled dealer before the holidays for a status update. He claimed he'd contacted Vexus 3 times and didn't get a response Called sales manager for Vexus I met when touring the plant, he told us that's not true and he'd reach out to territory rep for my dealership.

Finally, got solid answer from territory rep....he says the colors were never supplied by dealership (I'm assuming until very recently). He is now doing everything short of guaranteeing our boat be started and completed first week in March. So after 4 months, they tell us they're basically starting from scratch and hopefully it'll be done in 2 months. I was so excited to get this started after touring, and learning more about this company but this experience is testing my patience. I understand the majority of this is the fault of the dealership (which we told Vexus from the get go we'd prefer to order direct and not have to deal with this local dealer as we've only had and heard of terrible experiences with).

Anyone else have a terrible experience ordering their boats?

If you’re interested send me a pm and I’ll let you know my experience. I do not feel compelled to air my issues on a public forum.

Last edited by Grizzly; 02-23-2022 at 09:04 AM.

4. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by CallWhy View Post
    Anyone else have a terrible experience ordering their boats?
    It's not just boats. Its everything and the only way to fix it is for people to STOP buying stuff they don't absolutely NEED for 6 months or so. And, hope I don't jinx, but it won't be right when you do get it. Craftsmanship and quality control are both on a decline. Why? Because people keep accepting substandard products. Consumerism and materialism are true pandemics.

5. Member
    If the dealership is bit of a drive for you I highly recommend taking it out on the water the very day you pick it up and preferably on a body of water near the dealership. Bought my boat in sept and spent 4 days of my vacation totaling 16 hours of driving back and forth to get it worked on. Apppears QC was not completed or poorly completed apparently prior to Vexus shipping the rig to dealer. Now I will say both the dealer and Vexus have corrected or agreed to correct all issues and were easy to work with. I still have a pending appointment to have two of the items replaced and hopefully the dealer can get to it in late Jan or early feb per my last contact before the holidays. It’s Just frustrating to take a week off to dial in a new rig and then spent that much time dealing wiyh what could have been corrected simply taking it on the water and doing a through QC.

6. Member
    I second AObuk442's recommendation. I took delivery of a DVX19 last summer, drove it 6 hours to my house and spent the next 3 months trying to trouble shoot trim issues. In the end I took it back to dealer and they fixed it. It was corrosion at the throttle control. But I lost the majority of the season along with the cost to drive it back and forth.

7. Member
    My 2022 DVX22 has been a nightmare. So many things wrong with it , I personally took it back to the factory myself, and they fixed half of the issues, and the gel coat repairs they did , looked a kindergarten art class did it . They fixed about half the items . Vexus quality has to be the worst of any boat manufacturer I’ve dealt with.

Quote Originally Posted by revpilot View Post
    My 2022 DVX22 has been a nightmare. So many things wrong with it , I personally took it back to the factory myself, and they fixed half of the issues, and the gel coat repairs they did , looked a kindergarten art class did it . They fixed about half the items . Vexus quality has to be the worst of any boat manufacturer I’ve dealt with.
    Has Vexus done anything to help mitigate the issue?

9. Member
    I totally agree that's my experience as well QC is horrible

10. Member
    I didn’t get my boat yet but my experience has been perfect so far. The dealer I used has been great. Dealer has been very knowledgeable. They have been right on track with my order keeping me updated. My boat started on the date they said. It’s being built as I type. Venus has been nothing but supportive. They have answered so many questions for me. So for not having my boat yet, everything has been good. No complaints here. I have said this before no other company I have talked or tried to talk with has been as good as Vexus. I am beyond excited to get my boat. I ordered it in October I think. I didn’t want it to be built till this year for around a March delivery since we usually start to fish in my area till mid near here early April.

that’s all I got. I’m sorry you are going through this cause I know I’m jumping out of my skin since the day I ordered. This is my first boat. For me it’s a huge investment. It something I wanted but obviously don’t need. My kids can’t wait either. I can only imagine how frustrated you are. But it seems like it’s all on your dealer? I hope it comes soon and it’s everything you hoped for.

jim

Collision Consultants of Akron--- Marine Fiberglass repair and electronic installer 3309333230

Still waiting on revpilot to come back and answer my question.

13. Moderator Vexus Boats sclark's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by dwash_1512 View Post
    Still waiting on revpilot to come back and answer my question.
    what is a revpilot ?

"Success is never owned, it is rented, and the rent is due every day."

14. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by sclark View Post
    what is a revpilot ?

Screen name….See post #7
    Money can't buy happiness but it can buy fishing baits and that's about the same thing

15. Moderator Vexus Boats sclark's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by KomatoVX21 View Post
    Screen name….See post #7
    Gotcha ,i didn't catch that .. thanks

Quote Originally Posted by sclark View Post
    what is a revpilot ?
    It's a pot stirrer.

It's a pot stirrer.
    Damn pot stirrers

Quote Originally Posted by Grizzly View Post
    Damn pot stirrers
    I damn near stroked out the other day when I saw you post something positive about Vexus! Had to do a triple take and make sure it was you.

I damn near stroked out the other day when I saw you post something positive about Vexus! Had to do a triple take and make sure it was you.
    Guess I had a moment of weakness. I'll try to not let it happen again

20. Member
    Pictures? Didn't see you post anything but this...
    Stinks you've had so many issues.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast