R2S Bubble Walker 128

I think i know the answer to my question, already but want to hear what you guys think. What would you throw the 128 Bubble Walker, for a baitcasting rod? Its a BIG 5" Walk the dog/ Popper. I am guessing something heavy power, like a Flippin/Pitchin set up or a C-Rig set up.

2. Member
    I don't like to use a heavy / fast action for a topwater. You end up ripping the trebles out unless you're throwing it on mono.

Something with a moderate fast action is best. Lets you play them a bit more.

I actually use a 7'4" E6X Heavy / Mod Fast swimbait rod for big pencil poppers over an ounce, but I throw everything on braid.

3. Member
    I agree with DMart1. To me it depends on what line you are throwing. I throw braid or braid to a very short leader, and I use the Megabass Destroyer P5 Tequila Baccarat, which has a regular action. Even though the rod bends deeper into the blank, I can still get a good hookset on a long cast because of the no-stretch of the braid. If I was fishing straight mono I would want a faster tapered rod because of the line stretch. Due to the 1 1/4 oz weight of the bait you're referring to, I think you'll be forced to go to at least a heavy power rod if you don't want to exceed the lure rating of the rod, unless you want to go with a fiberglass or composite rod, in which case you may be able to find a MH that has a lure rating that high. But I'd only use one of those if throwing straight braid.