Looking for Lakes to hit in the UP in June or July

We are looking to head further north this year. We have never been to the UP. Looking to fish the Travers Bay area for a few days then head further north. I have not been able pin down a list of lakes to hit. We plan to camp also in our truck campers. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
    Arlis Boggs
    2022 Lund Pro V Bass 1875
    Mercury 200 Fourstroke Pro XS
    Hummingbird Helix 12 Console & Bow

Quote Originally Posted by gtfd455 View Post
    We are looking to head further north this year. We have never been to the UP. Looking to fish the Travers Bay area for a few days then head further north. I have not been able pin down a list of lakes to hit. We plan to camp also in our truck campers. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
    Arlis Boggs
    I've only hit the lakes south of the bridge. I've seen some good tournament results from the St. Mary's River area. Other than that, I don't much about the other side. Good luck

Heard some good things about smallies in Brevoort Lake. No personal experience.

2019 Basscat Caracal
    225 Evinrude G2
    Solix 12 Mega SI bow and console
    Mega Live
    36V Ultrex

I would suggest both Bays de Noc. Great smallie fishing
    2019 Phoenix 21PHX / 250 Mercury Pro XS 4 Stroke

5. Member
    Drummond Island and St. Mary's river is where I would go. More water than you could ever fish in a lifetime.

6. Member
    The NW side of Drummond Island is great, and it fishes more like inland lakes than GL waters until you run far enough out to get away from the mud bottoms. That area should be a little warmer than the deep waters of GTB. If you really want inland lakes, the further west you head in the UP, the less pressured the lakes will be. Some smaller lakes by Iron River are great numbers lakes, especially June.

7. Member
    I greatly appreciate all the information. I will post how we do.

Thanks,
    2022 Lund Pro V Bass 1875
    Mercury 200 Fourstroke Pro XS
    Hummingbird Helix 12 Console & Bow

8. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Hollada View Post
    Heard some good things about smallies in Brevoort Lake. No personal experience.
    Lots of personal experience there; I spent my summers there growing up. The fish there are tanks. Haven't fished it in 12 years or so but I'd assume it's still good.

9. Member
    How far north?

St mary's is bonkers. canada side is easy pickens. barbeua area head east. Raber, Drummond also solid. the scenery is amazing too.