Need a professional yet reliable rod builder!

I break rods left and right. I’ve dealt with a couple of rod builders over the years that were great, but now they either don’t do it anymore, or they take your stuff and you never see it again. I’m looking for someone who knows what they are doing, and someone with a reasonable turnaround time. I’ve got two rods in a pvc tube ready to ship today, and plenty more that need work. I just need to find someone to send them to. Can you guys recommend anyone?
    2007 Basscat Pantera II. 200hp Yamaha Hpdi.

2. Member
    It will cost as much to fix a blownup rod as it does to repair one. Guides are one thing that can be fixed. There is a site called tackleworks.org that has a list by state but how recent is not known. Yellow Pages helps also, many times they have the years in business there. Frankly turn around time is dependent on how busy I am, this time of year is pretty busy if you are repairing rods and reels for the upcoming guide season. It's always first come first served in my shop. Someone with no backlog should tell you something.

3. Member
    I've ordered the stuff to start building and repairing my own rods. Thanks.
    2007 Basscat Pantera II. 200hp Yamaha Hpdi.

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by PowellSixO View Post
    I've ordered the stuff to start building and repairing my own rods. Thanks.
    Yeah, I was going to suggest that. It's not rocket science. For the cost of one nice rod you can have everything you'd ever need to fix your own pretty much forever.