new truck for me

I m studying new 1/2 ton; ford f150 (had several), or gmc /chevy with baby duramax--never owned a gm or chevy pick up? What say u bbc-- give me your choice. Wouldve had tundra there but just too ugly imo.

2. Member
    I would not buy one with the baby diesel from any of the manufactures. If buy a f150 I would look at one with the 5.0 v-8 as it will be less likely to give you problems down the road, as compared to all the turbocharged motors now days. Also it seems like GM has been have lifter issues on their 5.3 engines, so that might be something to watch out for.

Body in North GA (Lake Lanier) - Heart in KS
    I had a 2011 Dodge Ram Longhorn with a Hemi and now have a 2018 F150 Lariat with 5.0. I prefer the new Rams. Friend got them and I wish I did. I like the F150 but feel the Ram was more luxurious.
    2008 ChampioN 198 / 225 Opti ProXS! 1999 187 DC Elite / Merc 175 efi & 1989 184 DCR /Merc 175 xri

Body in North GA (Lake Lanier) - Heart in KS
    Dual post - sorry
    2008 ChampioN 198 / 225 Opti ProXS! 1999 187 DC Elite / Merc 175 efi & 1989 184 DCR /Merc 175 xri

5. Member
    I like my Tundra and it's 15 years old and still going strong with only $86 in repair bills not counting maintenance items like tires, brakes, oil changes, etc which I do myself. If I were you I would reconsider a Tundra if reliability is a concern to get you to your fishing hole each and every time. But everyone has their own requirements.

6. Moderator
    I'm a GM guy and always bought Silverados. I now own a 2020 GMC Sierra SLT. Really liking the Sierra over Silverado.

7. Member
    Thanks- after looking at f150 and tundra online if I go gm will await new interior. Wife’s suv has one large touch screen across dash with digital gauges and what not - I like that set up

8. Member
    Had a '17 Sierra double cab for 75k miles and traded it in on a Baby D'max Yukon. The 5.3 pulled the boat just fine only downside was it should have been a crewcab. Wife and I are going to Florida for winters and maybe pulling boat(s) and grandkids thus the Yukon. The Sierra was an amazing truck with no downtime vice normal maintenance. So far the Baby D'max is an amazing motor and pulls the boat just fine.

9. Member
    Was gonna wait for new Chevy but few months ago told local yota manager I’d like a tundra- well he texted me a load is coming into dealership so I told him I’d take one- I’ll post review but this is first 1/2 ton for me in 15 years - did diesel thang but tired of giant truck

10. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by HH45cal View Post
    Was gonna wait for new Chevy but few months ago told local yota manager I’d like a tundra- well he texted me a load is coming into dealership so I told him I’d take one- I’ll post review but this is first 1/2 ton for me in 15 years - did diesel thang but tired of giant truck
    Cool. What engine format will it have. No more V-8 just 2 different Turbo's to choose from in the 2022 Tundras.