Your opinions needed before purchase

After searching near and far, I have found some leftover "21 and new "22 Skeeters in stock at marine dealerships. My main question/fear is the reliability of the dash panels. Do they hold up well in somewhat damp or rainy conditions? I fish rain or shine--- I don't want any issues of failure if I spend 60-70 grand on a new boat. I have read posts on some failures and as we all know NITRO'S are well noted on dash panel failures with parts being ever so hard to find. Opinions/thoughts greatly appreciated and thank you in advance for any input.

2. Member
    I've never had a problem with the FXR or ZXR panels. Having said that I prefer the ZXR because they are the old reliable toggle switches.

3. Member
    I think the toggle switches are more prone to corrosion and water intrusion than the sealed digital switches. They are, however, cheap and easy to replace. Personally, I’ve had zero issues with touch pad switches and tons of issues with toggle switches in the past (many, many years ago since I refuse to get toggles now).

4. Member
    Not sure about the panels but every Skeeter I've owned the main power toggle has gone bad. I should say the light quits working but the actual switch is fine. No big deal though easy to replace.
    2021 Skeeter ZX225
    2021 Yamaha SHO 225 VF225LA

5. Member
    I'm curious to see the fxr for sale in the 60-70 range! LoL

A leftover 2021 model? Not saying it isn't possible, but i'd have to question the dealers ability to sell anything if they still have leftover 2021 Skeeters in stock.

I'd have to say its a valid question considering the history Skeeter has had with touch pads

They are great when they work but when they fail its a much bigger deal and effects the entire power system where as a toggle switch can be fixed within an hour buy running out to the nearest west marine

I'm still running a zx250 that had to have the touch pad replaced with the rocker panel

And the rocker panel is now older than the touch pad was when it failed and its going strong (Knock On Wood)

Only thing I've done is replace the switch cover on a couple because the label was warn out
    "The handicapped angler"

8. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Bogeypro View Post
    I'm curious to see the fxr for sale in the 60-70 range! LoL
    It’s possible i reckon, I got mine in that range. Had 3 hours on it though, sold it as new with all the warranties