Tryin to Locate Exhaust Plate for 2012 ProXS. Needs replaced due to motor mount fail

MY boat has been at the shop since mid November to get the motor mounts replaced but cannot get completed due to Mercury not having any exhaust plates in stock and the expected ship date has been sliding for a while and already showing Jan 30. I'm afraid that this date is going to keep pushing and wonder if Mercury is even manufacturing this piece anymore.

MY engine is a 2012 225hp Pro XS. Serial Number 1B883693 and the exhaust plate is Part #: 835935A17.

I believe this part is the same for several model years and HP motors as is is the adapter plate the power head sits on and the mid section bolts up the the bottom. If anyone knows of anyone with a blown Pro XS motor around this age that they are scraping for parts or a mechanic/shop I could reach out to, please let me know.

Thanks,
    Brett

Brett Graham
    Louisville, KY
    L\'raisin Anglers

2. Member
    have you thought about using a XS ex plate set up (that are in stock , i just looked )that has cast in mounts that are almost impossible to break /problem solved , cost a lil more but well worth it ask on here some that have steered in this direction
    .................................................. ...the scariest thing in life is the unknown ...................................

3. Member
    No I haven't. I wasn't even aware of that option. I do recall reading some comments about solid motor mounts when I fist discover my mounts where bad, but didn't realize it updates a different adapter plate.

I also recall some guys mentioning it changes the way the boat handlers. Do you have any experience with this?

Brett Graham
    Louisville, KY
    L\'raisin Anglers

4. Member
    Boat handles the same....Get the XS plate setup!

5. Member
    just a little , this is not an update its an improvement , most are not aware or wont spend $$$ for better mount system
    .................................................. ...the scariest thing in life is the unknown ...................................

6. Member
    Does anyone have details on what parts I need to make the swap?

Brett Graham
    Louisville, KY
    L\'raisin Anglers

7. Mercury 3L/4 Stroke/Verado Moderator EuropeanAM's Avatar
    Nice talking with you, Brett- believe Rhonda is getting you set up.

Dual Mercury Master Technician- for Mercury Outboards, Mercruiser and Mercury Racing at European Marine in Greenville, SC.
    Still consider myself a "Marine Apprentice" after 47 years (learn something new every day).
    Mercury Parts, Mercury Outboards, Smartcraft & Accessories, Injector Service, TDR Reeds- BBC Sponsor

8. Member
    see how easy that was

9. Member
    Thanks Don. You were very helpful and I appreciate it.

I have not seen an email from Rhonda though on the parts list needed for the upgrade.

Brett Graham
    Louisville, KY
    L\'raisin Anglers

10. Mercury 3L/4 Stroke/Verado Moderator EuropeanAM's Avatar
    Brett- I'll get with Rhonda as soon as she returns from her errands. I did hand her the info yesterday, but she's still playing catch-up from the holidays.

Dual Mercury Master Technician- for Mercury Outboards, Mercruiser and Mercury Racing at European Marine in Greenville, SC.
    Still consider myself a "Marine Apprentice" after 47 years (learn something new every day).
    Mercury Parts, Mercury Outboards, Smartcraft & Accessories, Injector Service, TDR Reeds- BBC Sponsor

11. Member
    Sounds good. thanks, Just wanted to make sure it didn't get sent to the wrong email or lost in cyber space.

Brett Graham
    Louisville, KY
    L\'raisin Anglers

12. Mercury 3L/4 Stroke/Verado Moderator EuropeanAM's Avatar
    Appears that may have been the problem... hopefully it's all set now.