Turning boat over

serial # 2b090964

Looking to have some work done on the hull, looks like they flip the boat with the motor attached. Everything else is removed. Any negative consequences in doing this

2. Member
    well first of all if any water is in cooling system or settled in gearcase /ex housing it can get back thru ports and enter block /crankcase second on an opti max the oil thats in intake plenum will run out throttle valve and into map sensor what a damn mess we have then , i have seen lots and lots of bottom work done on boats without removing mtr and not flipped over unless one of the so called life time hull coatings were being installed which i had done on one years ago and would never do again ever good , my mtr would come OFF , good luck JOE
    .................................................. ...the scariest thing in life is the unknown ...................................

3. Member
    forgot about fuel in vst duh if not drained will pour out vent , another fine mess , yep mine would come off
    .................................................. ...the scariest thing in life is the unknown ...................................

Quote Originally Posted by JOE54 View Post
    well first of all if any water is in cooling system or settled in gearcase /ex housing it can get back thru ports and enter block /crankcase second on an opti max the oil thats in intake plenum will run out throttle valve and into map sensor what a damn mess we have then , i have seen lots and lots of bottom work done on boats without removing mtr and not flipped over unless one of the so called life time hull coatings were being installed which i had done on one years ago and would never do again ever good , my mtr would come OFF , good luck JOE

Motor or is a 2014 200 pro xs. The lifetime coating is exactly what I am contemplating. Removing the motor is not the end of the world to me, but I am curious about your statement never again. Is that in regards to the coating or the motor being flipped.

Thanks

5. Member
    pm answered

6. Mercury 3L/4 Stroke/Verado Moderator EuropeanAM's Avatar
    110% agree that the engine should come off. Your engine was NEVER intended to be oriented UPSIDE DOWN.

Dual Mercury Master Technician- for Mercury Outboards, Mercruiser and Mercury Racing at European Marine in Greenville, SC.
    Still consider myself a "Marine Apprentice" after 47 years (learn something new every day).
    Mercury Parts, Mercury Outboards, Smartcraft & Accessories, Injector Service, TDR Reeds- BBC Sponsor