Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Lowrance Ghost & HDS Live Question...

I have a new Lowrance Ghost & HDS 12 Live coming in March. My Question is: Is the percentage at which the Ghost is running displayed at the top of the HDS Live screen?
    With my current setup, the Motorguide Xi5 with the link system into the HDS shows the percentage on the screen, directly underneath the Lowrance logo on the finder.
    If I'm driving the boat from the console area with the remote I can see immediately if I'm at 8%, 12%, 90%, 100% etc.

2. Member
    There is a separate screen on the left side of the display. You can set prop speed as a percentage or mph.

Thanks. Well, that's something at least. I was afraid someone would say that. In order to see the percentage I have to give up a 5th of the screen. hmmmmm

Or since on is on NMEA, you might can add as a overlay.
    2012 Stratos 294 Evolution, Mercury 200 PROXS (1B933452)// HDS live 12 with AT 1, HDS Pro 10 with AT 2, HDS Carbon 12 with SS3D, point 1, sonichub2, Lowrance Ghost, and 3 Ionic lithium batteries.

Quote Originally Posted by bb45 View Post
    Or since on is on NMEA, you might can add as a overlay.
    I sure hope that's true. I've come close to pulling the plug on the whole thing. I striper fish from the Console area and the remote is a complete JOKE! I need information, and from what I can tell, there's no way to see if the trolling motor is On or Off, much less what the trolling motor power is set on. Frustrated!

6. Member
    there is a help area in top section for this also
    2022 z519 cup 225 merc 4s ser # 3B210484. 2--hds12 live units. 2 poles, atlas plate, ghost, hamby's, active target, merc digital gauges
    2002 basscat pantera 3 (dad bought new) sold 8-2-22
    2000 stratos 20 ss (bought new) 200 hp Rude ficht great boat/motor sold 11-21
    pulled by a 2500HD Denali
    proud dad of an ARMY Captain
    MAGA
    ASE/GM Master tech before tools

Quote Originally Posted by adriandavidpayne View Post
    Thanks. Well, that's something at least. I was afraid someone would say that. In order to see the percentage I have to give up a 5th of the screen. hmmmmm
    No it just slides open like the menus do, I think it shows up top, I don't recall. Can I ask what this the purpose of seeing that information?
    Boatless

8. Member
    The slider window on the left pops open and you have complete control of your trolling motor. You can set speed, course and follow trails with the control window. I do not know if the speed is on NMEA but I think it is and you could add that to any overlay but why when the pop up window shows everything.

I spoke with Lowrance on the phone. The tech said NO. There is no information for trolling motor percentage at the top of the display like my Motorguide has. I cancelled the entire $59K Nitro boat order. 1. The 5 button remote (Joke). 2. Not being able to see the arrow on top of the trolling motor from the console. 3. No visual display/information of prop speed anywhere besides when you're following a route, and still then, it was a pull out tab that takes up a 1/5 of the screen. Those were all Deal Breakers for me.

10. Member
    I spoke with Lowrance on the phone. The tech said NO. There is no information for trolling motor percentage at the top of the display like my Motorguide has. I cancelled the entire $59K Nitro boat order. 1. The 5 button remote (Joke). 2. Not being able to see the arrow on top of the trolling motor from the console. 3. No visual display/information of prop speed anywhere besides when you're following a route, and still then, it was a pull out tab that takes up a 1/5 of the screen. Those were all Deal Breakers for me.
    Are you sure?
    1.) Yes, the remote is not the best.
    2.) See it perfectly fine, just 3D print the direction arrow and stick it on the top of the motor. If you dont do that you can simply take a stick on mirror on the head and see the arrow fine. Look under the head of the trolling motor, there is a mounting place right there where you can fabricate any type of mount for things like your mirror to see the direction. I also have a 3D printer model for these holes so I can make my own brackets.
    3.) You have full control of the trolling motor from the depth finder at any time, it is very neat to go to the cursor or folliw a trail or route. Sure the pop out window takes some space on the display but it would have to or else you couldnt see it.

So you were really basing the purchase of a new boat on a trolling motor? Sounds to me like you should have test drove the trolling motor and not the boat as the things you mentioned are easily remedied.
    Last edited by STRETCH1; 01-14-2022 at 03:39 PM.

Why do you need to see the percentage?
    Hysterical you cancel a boat purchase because of a trolling motor which in many circles is the best available, especially when running Lowrance.
    Boatless

Quote Originally Posted by nojretlas View Post
    Why do you need to see the percentage?
    Hysterical you cancel a boat purchase because of a trolling motor which in many circles is the best available, especially when running Lowrance.
    I took a cashier's check for $59K to Bass Pro, but in my research I find that the current setup I just paid for does Less than my current setup with Motorguide. I fish from the console almost exclusively for Striper. I'm on a river system with posted current on a daily basis. I'm so dialed into my percentages I can tuck into a spot next to a bluff wall with the draw being 12,500cfs and go to 16% trolling power and sit perfectly still. Why not spot lock you ask? Spot lock has a hard time being in such close proximity to the bluff wall. Having NO visual feedback as to what my trolling motor is even doing in this scenario was a Deal Breaker for me. Not only do I not know which way the prop is facing, I don't even know if it's on, much less what speed it's set to. Point #2, there was no Minn Kota / Humminbird package available. Point #3, No incentives was an insult. I mean throw in a PFD, or give me my reward points on my Bass Pro card. Nothing! I pulled the plug.

13. Member
    What about upgrading to a 16 Live and you can show the TM info and still have plenty of screen.

There is still No option to show the percentage the trolling motor is running at like I currently have with the Motorguide gateway into the Lowrance.

There is still No option to show the percentage the trolling motor is running at like I currently have with the Motorguide gateway into the Lowrance.
    Did you call Lowrance? Percentage shows when you are following a route.
    Boatless

16. Member
    True, but I was thinking with a 16 you will still have a lot of screen left with the TM info showing.

I'm not talking about following a route. My current setup (Motorguide)shows me the percentage at the top under the logo at all times. So this new setup is a step backwards IMO! Motorguide.jpg

18. Member
    I'm not talking about following a route. My current setup (Motorguide)shows me the percentage at the top under the logo at all times. So this new setup is a step backwards IMO! Motorguide.jpg
    I am not talking about following a route either. Yes you will lose some screen but you will have prop speed as a % or mph, be able to adjust the speed, also have arrows to jog the TM, and be able to anchor all on the touch screen. I am just saying with a 16" unit you might have enough screen to suit you and still show all of the TM info.

But at the same time I understand, you want what will work for you.
    Last edited by mikeky; 01-21-2022 at 05:05 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by mikeky View Post
    I am not talking about following a route either. Yes you will lose some screen but you will have prop speed as a % or mph, be able to adjust the speed, also have arrows to jog the TM, and be able to anchor all on the touch screen. I am just saying with a 16" unit you might have enough screen to suit you and still show all of the TM info.

But at the same time I understand, you want what will work for you.
    The Lowrance tech told me when I called that even if I expand the side panel the % will not show unless I'm following a route. It is unbelievable to me that a trolling motor made by Lowrance to work with Lowrance has less information than a Motorguide. Plus as minimalistic as the the Motorguide remote is, it still has more features than the 5 button Lowrance remote. This was all a deal breaker for me.

20. Member
    . OK, could be a step backwards for you but there are many different ways to “Skin the cat”.. If the Lowrance way doesn’t work for you then what you have is the best for your particular situation.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast