Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by punch View Post
    I have both the 7'2 H expride and the XX perfect pitch. The tip is considerably softer on the PP, so for dock skipping i'd definitely chose the Megabass rod.
    I watched your Youtube reviews of both. it seems you love the PP but are going to dump the Expride H, correct?..

2. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by emccarthy View Post
    If your fishing jigs on a 854 glx or nrx thats thats a better stick for jigs than either IMO. I have a 854 mossyback, glx, nrx and a levante PP and the expride. The PP does have the softer tip and is very versatile and a good skipper it is currently my favorite frog rod but also throws a spinnerbait from 3/8-1 ounce very well and a ton of other things. The Expride is lighter and would be a better tip up jig rod similar to the action on a 854 nrx.
    yeah but my 854 is E6X, not NRX or even GLX, which is why I'm looking in this $300 range as an upgrade. I don't have unlimited resources...

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ra2bach View Post
    yeah but my 854 is E6X, not NRX or even GLX, which is why I'm looking in this $300 range as an upgrade. I don't have unlimited resources...
    Wait for the new Expride to come out and then make a decision - that's what I'm doing lol

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by reason162 View Post
    Wait for the new Expride to come out and then make a decision - that's what I'm doing lol
    I see the logic in that but I already ordered the Perfect Pitch. It's a rod that I've been interested in for a long time and I got in before the price increase.

I've got my eye on a couple exprides but don't know whether to jump before their price increase in February, or just wait for the new model...

5. Member
    Any idea when the new Expride might launch? I'm holding out right now on buying one until I see what they're going to change.
    Troll lightly and carry a big flippin stick!!!

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by LuistLTZ View Post
    Any idea when the new Expride might launch? I'm holding out right now on buying one until I see what they're going to change.
    I don't know at all, I just hear the same rumors y'all do. I would expect we'll hear more about them in a little while and introduced at iCast...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12