Helix 12 Network Issues

I have 3 Helix 12 G3N on my boat. 1 MDI at the bow. 1 MDI at helm along with 1 MSI at the helm. I updated the software earlier today and now have networking issues. Everything was working fine until this update. After the updates the 2 MDI units show the network tabs and now the MSI unit does not show it. Yes, I restored default settings before and after. I also changed settings from angler to custom on all the units. I checked all connections at the ethernet switch. Going to try and change software back to latest version on the MSI and see if that fixes it. Any ideas? Im at a loss since 2 units are networked fine but the 3rd is not.

Thanks in advance

2. Member
    Swap the cable connectors between the console MSI and the MDI units and check the Ethernet connection then? Perhaps the connections weren't as tight (connected) as they should have been. The System Status page will show an IP address if you have good Ethernet connection and you'll have an Network tab. Good luck.
    Lt Col, USAF, Ret., 34 years Active Duty, Desert Storm/Iraq/Afghanistan combat veteran
    2015 Ranger Z520C, 2024 Mercury 250 Pro XS
    Humminbird Solix, Mega 360/Mega Live w/Target Lock, Ultrex MSI+

3. Member
    Good idea, I’ll give it a try in the morning! Thanks

4. Member
    Try turning on power to the switch, give a couple of minutes, then one graph at a time. Give each unit time to fully boot up.
    17 Ranger Z520c Black Out Edition
    Yamaha 250 SHO

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Data1960 View Post
    Swap the cable connectors between the console MSI and the MDI units and check the Ethernet connection then? Perhaps the connections weren't as tight (connected) as they should have been. The System Status page will show an IP address if you have good Ethernet connection and you'll have an Network tab. Good luck.
    Tried this with no luck. Swapped MSI unit over to MDI connector and still nothing. Plugged MSI connector into MDI unit and the MDI unit still shows network tab.

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Tone357 View Post
    Try turning on power to the switch, give a couple of minutes, then one graph at a time. Give each unit time to fully boot up.
    Tried this as well, no luck.

7. Member
    You can have a Network Tab and not have a network connection (IP address). The Network status will be blacked out. Did you have a good Software update to 2.660 on all units? The System Status tab will show the current SW version as well as an IP address when connected to the ethernet hub. Good luck.
    Lt Col, USAF, Ret., 34 years Active Duty, Desert Storm/Iraq/Afghanistan combat veteran

8. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Data1960 View Post
    You can have a Network Tab and not have a network connection (IP address). The Network status will be blacked out. Did you have a good Software update to 2.660 on all units? The System Status tab will show the current SW version as well as an IP address when connected to the ethernet hub. Good luck.
    All units had a successful uldate of 2.660. I meant to add in the response earlier that the IP address on the MSI unit is blacked out but not on either of the MDI units. Thanks for your help.

9. Member
    Puzzling- you can also try running an ethernet cable between the MSI unit and an MDI directly, bypassing the Ethernet hub.

10. Member
    Switch the cables at the ethernet box and see if different units don't show. My brother recently sent his ethernet box to HB because one of the ports went bad.
    2021 Skeeter ZX225
    2021 Yamaha SHO 225 VF225LA