Mercury wiring diagram?

Anyone have a wiring diagram for these keys? Boat is getting swapped from evinrude to merc. Boat harness 896537k24. I don’t want to have to use the key switch. Want use the ranger keypad. The key that came with the he harness is the black one. The grey deuteche connector key is the Ranger emergency backup which has the same connector as the keypad. One has two purple and the other has a purple and yellow/black. Need to know what the yellow/black does. Making an adapter to go from the metripac engine side to the deutche keypad
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by 1BADAIR; 01-04-2022 at 10:14 AM.
    2011 Ranger z521/2023 250ProXS

2. Mercury 3L/4 Stroke/Verado Moderator EuropeanAM's Avatar
    Believe you may have a missing digit in that part number. While this question does relate to switches that are separate accessories, please do remember to always provide the Required Info with your post (see Forum Announcements). Thanks!

Standard ABYC wire colors. Simply match color-to-color.

RED: Battery 12V Power
    Purple: Key-Switched 12V Power
    Black: Ground
    Black w/Yellow Stripe: Lanyard/Kill Circuit
    Yellow w/Red Stripe: Starter Circuit
    (May not be present: Yellow w/Black Stripe, Push to Choke).

Dual Mercury Master Technician- for Mercury Outboards, Mercruiser and Mercury Racing at European Marine in Greenville, SC.
    Still consider myself a "Marine Apprentice" after 47 years (learn something new every day).
    Mercury Parts, Mercury Outboards, Smartcraft & Accessories, Injector Service, TDR Reeds- BBC Sponsor

Thanks .Fixed the number. I don’t have an engine yet and won’t for who knows how long . Been ordered since March so I don’t have a serial number .
    From what I can tell is purple/white is the same as yellow/black?
    2011 Ranger z521/2023 250ProXS

4. Mercury 3L/4 Stroke/Verado Moderator EuropeanAM's Avatar
    If I recall correctly (been a few decades), J-Rude used purple w/white stripe for the "push to choke" function for many years.

Not needed on your engine (at all).

Dual Mercury Master Technician- for Mercury Outboards, Mercruiser and Mercury Racing at European Marine in Greenville, SC.
    Still consider myself a "Marine Apprentice" after 47 years (learn something new every day).
    Mercury Parts, Mercury Outboards, Smartcraft & Accessories, Injector Service, TDR Reeds- BBC Sponsor