2021 Tracker Classic XL 50hp to 60hp conversion

Hey folks,

Does anyone know where I can obtain a used ECM for the Mercury 60hp 4-stroke efi motor? From what I've read, I need one from after 2013 (I think the connections to the motor are different and I have no idea how different the programming is either - if I'm misinformed PLEASE let me know).

I can purchase a brand new one for $900+ and then I have to take it to a Mercury dealer to program it, I'm sure that will cost a nice little bit of cash too.

Again, I have a 2021 Tracker Classic XL with the 50hp 4-stroke EFI outboard and looking to do the conversion to 60 hp and if I can get a used one that's pre-programmed and save a few $$'s that would be preferable.

Any help you ladies and gents could provide would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks!
    Last edited by foulmouthfishing; 01-02-2022 at 10:14 PM.
    2021 Tracker Classic XL (Black)
    50 HP Mercury
    Deck Extension
    24-Volt Minn Kota Powerdrive iPilot 70lb thrust
    Garmin EchoMap UHD plus 73sv (console) 94sv (Bow)
    12-Gallon Moeller low profile fuel tank
    White Bimini Top

Quote Originally Posted by foulmouthfishing View Post
    Hey folks,

Does anyone know where I can obtain a used ECM for the Mercury 60hp 4-stroke efi motor? From what I've read, I need one from after 2013 (I think the connections to the motor are different and I have no idea how different the programming is either - if I'm misinformed PLEASE let me know).

I can purchase a brand new one for $900+ and then I have to take it to a Mercury dealer to program it, I'm sure that will cost a nice little bit of cash too.

Again, I have a 2021 Tracker Classic XL with the 50hp 4-stroke EFI outboard and looking to do the conversion to 60 hp and if I can get a used one that's pre-programmed and save a few $$'s that would be preferable.

Any help you ladies and gents could provide would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks!
    Hopefully this helps, by the way if you are looking for a used one, try eBay, if not, Picclick might find something in eBay that you can't immediately find in your search. Also search the Mercury salvage yards.

Last edited by Extremeboating; 01-04-2022 at 05:24 AM.
    - 2020 Bass Tracker Classic XL - SOLD
    - 2024 Lowe Stinger 178
    Mercury 115HP ProXS CT
    Vance 6" hydraulic jack plate
    24P 3 blade Ballistic XHS XL propeller
    NGK Ruthenium plugs
    Garmin Force troller
    Garmin 126SV/93SV/73SV Livescope/ dual GT54 transducers
    DD26 motor toter
    IG: extremeboating