Gas struts for TRX-179

Hi just bought my first bass boat a 2015 Triton TRX-179...no gas assist on storage compartments so I'm trying to upgrade them. I have attached a picture with the 3 front compartments showing the struts installed (not my boat) but I could use some help identifying length and poundage for each of these struts.

Thanks,
    Shive1
    Attached Images Attached Images

2. Member
    Your side hatch struts should be 15" p40. You can just open up your center hatch to where you want it stop, then measure the distance between the 2 points (where it's attached in your photo), Thats the length you will need. As far as the poundage for the center, my center (18trx) came with 2 60# struts, if you only use one I wouldn't go below a 60# and you probably could go a little higher. I had a 2016 179trx, it was a good boat, I hope you like yours.

3. Member
    Thanks so much for the help, I'm just getting started... retired and moved to SC a year ago last August...have a place on Lake Thurmond. The TRX was part of the plan...when I got it, it only had 61 hours. It's getting outfitted for graphs end of the month. I just installed a Lowrance Ghost it's real nice. I like this boat a lot and the size is perfect for me. The guys in the the Bass Club all have bigger boats and motors but I like less rather then more. It'll do over 40 and that's all I need, and I was able to keep it all under 30k. That's important when your on a budget!

Thanks again,
    Shive1