Offshore fishing help

Family is coming to Florida during spring break this year and wanting to spend a day offshore charter fishing. Not sure yet what species we would like to target as we have never been,but would be nice to catch some to eat for dinner. Anyone have a guide they recommend so we can get this on the books? Thank you much.

2. Member
    Capt Glen Taylor, 20+ years on the water here, 100% family man, excellent guide.
    Has a 26' Calcutta for inshore and a larger, faster 32' Intrepid for offshore trips.
    Expect to spend ~$800 inshore, double for offshore. You'll really enjoy the trip.

727-742-2501 direct cellular
    Last edited by TampaJim; 01-02-2022 at 09:11 PM.

3. SC Club Moderator ChampioNman's Avatar
    Big state, where are you going to stay? That would help find a guide.

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ChampioNman View Post
    Big state, where are you going to stay? That would help find a guide.
    Orlando area.

5. Member
    Orlando isn't coastal. Best bet, Cape Canaveral. It's safe, easy to access, toll roads from Orlando.
    https://www.sealeveler.com

$1,000+ depending on your preference. An enclosed cabin IS recommended, if you're taking any ladies.
    Be sure to tip ... 20% is customary & appreciated. Take sunscreen, shades and motion sickness Rx.

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by TampaJim View Post
    Orlando isn't coastal. Best bet, Cape Canaveral. It's safe, easy to access, toll roads from Orlando.
    https://www.sealeveler.com

$1,000+ depending on your preference. An enclosed cabin IS recommended, if you're taking any ladies.
    Be sure to tip ... 20% is customary & appreciated. Take sunscreen, shades and motion sickness Rx.
    Yeah we knew we'd have to drive to the coast and Cape Canaveral is one of the areas we are considering,but we're staying in the Orlando area because of also going to Disney,but setting aside one day during our stay to go out on the ocean. Growing up in California I've been to Disneyland many times,but never been to Disneyworld. One of my stepson's is going fishing with me,as well as my MIL(the wife loves to fish,but wants no part of this excursion) I'm going to call Glen tomorrow and see if he has an opening on one of the days we don't have scheduled for Disney.

I appreciate all your info Sir.

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Robby Moser View Post
    Yeah we knew we'd have to drive to the coast and Cape Canaveral is one of the areas we are considering,but we're staying in the Orlando area because of also going to Disney,but setting aside one day during our stay to go out on the ocean. Growing up in California I've been to Disneyland many times,but never been to Disneyworld. One of my stepson's is going fishing with me,as well as my MIL(the wife loves to fish,but wants no part of this excursion) I'm going to call Glen tomorrow and see if he has an opening on one of the days we don't have scheduled for Disney.

I appreciate all your info Sir.
    Glen is on the WEST coast, south end of St Petersburg.
    O'Neill's Marina. You'd be driving farther than the Cape.
    Considering the # of people, extra distance, etc. ...

8. SC Club Moderator ChampioNman's Avatar
    I-4 is always a joy to drive on.

9. Member
    We call it "THUNDERDOME" ... Where we separate the men from the panty pissers.

10. Banned
    I had to drive that hellhole to go over to Tampa. Wasn't too bad when the Rat House (Disney),was closed,but it's a double whammy with Orlando and Lakeland. When the Rat House opened back up, it went back to being a large parking lot.

You want eating fish and alot, head boat is the way to go.

https://orlandoprincess.com/
    XPRESS H 18 SS, YAMAHA 115