Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

2. Member
    I've never heard a sound explanation of why evolution compromises God in the eyes of the church.
    Full blood Nikonian

3. Member
    Genesis is clear that death entered the world after Adam and Eve sinned. If evolution is true (not simple adaptation like darwins bird beak example) then death has been around for ~14 billion years. That would mean disease, suffering, etc. It would also discount the genesis account that God created things in their own kind and not an evolutionary tree. Evolution described by Darwinism, naturalism, materialism, etc is incompatible with the Bible based on origins, virology, limits of adaptation, etc.
    2012 Ranger Z521 2023 Mercury 250 Pro XS

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by mram10us View Post
    Genesis is clear that death entered the world after Adam and Eve sinned. If evolution is true (not simple adaptation like darwins bird beak example) then death has been around for ~14 billion years. That would mean disease, suffering, etc. It would also discount the genesis account that God created things in their own kind and not an evolutionary tree. Evolution described by Darwinism, naturalism, materialism, etc is incompatible with the Bible based on origins, virology, limits of adaptation, etc.
    What specific verses indicate life was created static?
    Full blood Nikonian

5. Member
    Are you saying that created life is static without the ability to mutate or adapt to time or circumstances, which would make it impossible to exist if it remained static?

6. Member
    Or Genesis can be interpreted much differently than the wooden literal sense without doing harm to the biblical account and still be in harmony with God, the bible creation and evolution.

7. Banned
    What is the difference between evolution and adaptation?

8. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by godsdozer View Post
    Or Genesis can be interpreted much differently than the wooden literal sense without doing harm to the biblical account and still be in harmony with God, the bible creation and evolution.
    Hey Derrell,
    Glad to see you are back from your vacation. You and I have had this discussion with other members before, especially with regard to Genesis 1: 1 In the beginning God created the heaven and the earth. As I have said before, I do not read any date in this sentence, therefore, it does not limit us as to when God created the heavens and the earth.

2 And the earth was without form, and void; and darkness was upon the face of the deep. And the Spirit of God moved upon the face of the waters.

Now, if you can read a correlation date between this 2 sentences and occurrences, I would love for someone to explain it to me, so that I can learn it and understand it.

Have a blessed and prosperous New Year,
    Frank

9. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by digthemup View Post
    Hey Derrell,
    Glad to see you are back from your vacation. You and I have had this discussion with other members before, especially with regard to Genesis 1: 1 In the beginning God created the heaven and the earth. As I have said before, I do not read any date in this sentence, therefore, it does not limit us as to when God created the heavens and the earth.

2 And the earth was without form, and void; and darkness was upon the face of the deep. And the Spirit of God moved upon the face of the waters.

Now, if you can read a correlation date between this 2 sentences and occurrences, I would love for someone to explain it to me, so that I can learn it and understand it.

Frank

Thanks, dig, we had a great time.

Yes, I hear you, we certainly have had those discussions.

P.s. There are also other interpretations which you nor I covered in this thread, I am not going to go into the details about those either. I am undecided at this point in my studies which one may be true, and I am not in the mood to pursue it at this time in my life.

Hope you have a great New Year!

10. Member
    Are you saying that created life is static without the ability to mutate or adapt to time or circumstances, which would make it impossible to exist if it remained static?
    No. I noted that adaptation is accepted by everyone. The limits are where the disagreement is. The bible says animals, plants, etc will stay within their "kinds". Darwinian evolution has no limits.

11. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by godsdozer View Post
    You would have to take genesis 1 and 2, along with the other passages in the bible that reference creation being 7 days and change them. Not just one simple misunderstood passage

12. Member
    Hey Derrell,

Frank
    What are your thoughts on the statement "and there was evening and there was morning the [x] day"? That is stated after every creation day

13. Member
    What are your thoughts on the statement "and there was evening and there was morning the [x] day"? That is stated after every creation day
    I understand where you are going, but the importance of time reference between the first 2 is as important as the morning and the evening you are stating.

At that point, God was replenishing the earth, but we have no time reference as to when ' In the beginning God created the heaven and the earth.' occurs.
    Let's look at an hypothetical situation, God creates the heavens and the earth, however, at some point for reasons highly disputed, it does get destroyed and sits there for a period of times, until God in His great mercy looks upon it deciding to restore it and replenish it. - 'the earth was without form, and void; and darkness was upon the face of the deep. And the Spirit of God moved upon the face of the waters.'

This is my view and personal opinion.

14. Member
    I understand where you are going, but the importance of time reference between the first 2 is as important as the morning and the evening you are stating.

At that point, God was replenishing the earth, but we have no time reference as to when ' In the beginning God created the heaven and the earth.' occurs.
    Let's look at an hypothetical situation, God creates the heavens and the earth, however, at some point for reasons highly disputed, it does get destroyed and sits there for a period of times, until God in His great mercy looks upon it deciding to restore it and replenish it. - 'the earth was without form, and void; and darkness was upon the face of the deep. And the Spirit of God moved upon the face of the waters.'

This is my view and personal opinion.
    You are ignoring that everything was created on individual days, per the verses. Verses 1-5 give no indication of a pause. One single account of day 1. Not impossible for God. Totally against our uniformitarianism that is taught in our flawed educational system. I was spoonfed a study diet of naturalism and materialism thru high school, college and even more after. I will still believe the biblical account based on it's proof and the lack of real proof from the naturalists.

15. Member
    This is a good read if you can get through the whole thing. A Christian physicist who's honest enough to embrace scientific research but also smart enough to see that it can meld with creation. He even talks about the extreme ACCURACY of radiometric dating. It shows that you don't have to be anti-science and expect people to dumb down to accept God.
    age-of-earth (1).pdf
    Full blood Nikonian

16. Banned
    You would have to take genesis 1 and 2, along with the other passages in the bible that reference creation being 7 days and change them. Not just one simple misunderstood passage
    Was the author of Genesis, present during these events? How did he know all this stuff?

17. Member
    You are ignoring that everything was created on individual days, per the verses. Verses 1-5 give no indication of a pause. One single account of day 1. Not impossible for God. Totally against our uniformitarianism that is taught in our flawed educational system. I was spoonfed a study diet of naturalism and materialism thru high school, college and even more after. I will still believe the biblical account based on it's proof and the lack of real proof from the naturalists.
    With all due respect,
    Genesis 1: 1 In the beginning God created the heaven and the earth.

The period at the end of this sentence clearly indicates a pause and break from the next following sentence.
    However, if you don't think that's how a period ending a sentence works, I am good with it.

18. Member
    The whole idea of religious people arguing against evolution by saying there's a lack of evidence is really quite laughable. There is zero evidence of the act of God creating but it's a choice to believe that. I believe it, but not because I think there's scientific proof of it. The plain and simple inarguable truth is that creation requires faith, there is no proof. Evolution can't be proven and that's why it's called the THEORY of evolution. It would be just as honest to call creation the theory of creation if it got held to the same standards as is the science that religious people want to argue against. If creation was taught in schools most people here would have no problem with it but when it's evolution it suddenly becomes, "there is no proof!!"

Can we please just stop the double standard when it comes to proof?

I'm very thankful that science exists because it makes all of our lives easier and more enjoyable. I'm also very thankful that the credibility of science doesn't rely on the opinion of some blowhard on a bass boat message board, LOL
    Full blood Nikonian

19. Member
    With all due respect,
    Genesis 1: 1 In the beginning God created the heaven and the earth.

The period at the end of this sentence clearly indicates a pause and break from the next following sentence.
    However, if you don't think that's how a period ending a sentence works, I am good with it.
    Also, with respect :) a period at the end of the sentence does not mean that the description stops for day 1. Day 1 aside, what are your thoughts on
    1. each day being explained by the "evening and morning" statement?
    2. The bible stating each plant and animal being made "after their kind"?

20. Member
    Also, with respect :) a period at the end of the sentence does not mean that the description stops for day 1. Day 1 aside, what are your thoughts on
    1. each day being explained by the "evening and morning" statement?
    2. The bible stating each plant and animal being made "after their kind"?
    Ahh, excellent point you just brought up, since after 'In the beginning God created the heaven and the earth.' there is no day description nor 'evening and morning statement'.
    I believe that 'In the beginning God created the heaven and the earth.' is an individual occurrence, which could have potentially happened thousands of yrs prior to God replenishing the earth when He looked upon it and 'the earth was without form, and void; and darkness was upon the face of the deep. And the Spirit of God moved upon the face of the waters.' at which point in His mercy reestablishes everything, perhaps even one day at the time. - 'and the 'evening and the morning' now become applicable.

I suppose that if this does not make sense to you, we will have to agree to disagree on our opinions. Amen

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast