Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
  1. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by mram10us View Post
    How would a local flood destroy all life on earth?
    genesis 6:17 And, behold, I, even I, do bring a flood of waters upon the earth, to destroy all flesh, wherein is the breath of life, from under heaven; and every thing that is in the earth shall die.
    Would there be any evidence of a global flood in say China or Grand Canyon?

2. Member
    Genesis explains exactly what Adam was created from and what was used to create Eve. It does not say an ape. If anyone interprets that differently they are either adding to or removing what the verses say. That would and should be a problem in a church. And to throw in a neat little bit, the human rib can regenerate as long as it is still attached to cartilage. Whatever view you hold it requires faith. The universe had a beginning and is expanding confirmed by science. So either something created something from nothing or nothing created something from nothing. Darwinian's/Macro Evolutionist have a big problem. They are locked into a natural route, but this beginning would require a miracle or something outside of natural laws. The law of biogenesis is just one of many examples that pose a problem with the Darwinians because it proved life must come from life or that life does not come from nonlife.

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by KT978 View Post
    Genesis explains exactly what Adam was created from and what was used to create Eve. It does not say an ape. If anyone interprets that differently they are either adding to or removing what the verses say. That would and should be a problem in a church. And to throw in a neat little bit, the human rib can regenerate as long as it is still attached to cartilage. Whatever view you hold it requires faith. The universe had a beginning and is expanding confirmed by science. So either something created something from nothing or nothing created something from nothing. Darwinian's/Macro Evolutionist have a big problem. They are locked into a natural route, but this beginning would require a miracle or something outside of natural laws. The law of biogenesis is just one of many examples that pose a problem with the Darwinians because it proved life must come from life or that life does not come from nonlife.
    The Bible says God created man in his image. What is his image? Anyone have a Polaroid?

What if his image isn't that of an old Caucasian man?
    Last edited by HoustonG; 01-07-2022 at 07:01 PM.
    Full blood Nikonian

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by HoustonG View Post
    The Bible says God created man in his image. What is his image? Anyone have a Polaroid?

What if his image isn't that of an old Caucasian man?
    I don't have a Polaroid. but I do have this video.

5. Member
    Well said
    2012 Ranger Z521 2023 Mercury 250 Pro XS

6. Member
    "So God created man in His own image; in the image of God He created him; male and female He created them"

In any of the appearances God has made in scripture, it is very clear that God is a spirit of light, a light so intense that when Moses was hidden in the cleft of the rock as God passed by him allowing Moses to look at God from behind, the spirit of light of God changed his appearance to a radiance that the Hebrews were afraid to look upon. Further, there is no male and female in the after life based on the description Jesus gave on the woman who had married 7 times and died, since there is no giving away in marriage.

Hence, the only thing in us, male and female, that could possibly resemble the image of God, would be our spiritual soul, which returns to the Creator on the final day; unless you are one of those that believes in reincarnation in which I have no interest in such a discussion.

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by digthemup View Post
    "So God created man in His own image; in the image of God He created him; male and female He created them"

In any of the appearances God has made in scripture, it is very clear that God is a spirit of light, a light so intense that when Moses was hidden in the cleft of the rock as God passed by him allowing Moses to look at God from behind, the spirit of light of God changed his appearance to a radiance that the Hebrews were afraid to look upon. Further, there is no male and female in the after life based on the description Jesus gave on the woman who had married 7 times and died, since there is no giving away in marriage.

Hence, the only thing in us, male and female, that could possibly resemble the image of God, would be our spiritual soul, which returns to the Creator on the final day; unless you are one of those that believes in reincarnation in which I have no interest in such a discussion.
    Why does the lack of "marriage or giving in marriage" remove the male and female designations?

8. Member
    Why does the lack of "marriage or giving in marriage" remove the male and female designations?
    Just my opinion based on the comments Christ made.

9. Banned
    It seems to me , a person has to at least be curious about the author of Genesis. Who was it?

10. Member
    In Israels history, the lineage was carried on by marriage (Jew begot Jew, Jew married Jew, Jews had Jewish babies, ect.) ............ I do not agree with Digs understanding of the scripture he brought up, but none the less...............

Jesus was addressing the Sadducees who did not believe in a resurrection..............

29 Jesus replied, “You are in error because you do not know the Scriptures or the power of God.30 At the resurrection people will neither marry nor be given in marriage; they will be like the angels in heaven.31 But about the resurrection of the dead—have you not read what God said to you,32 ‘I am the God of Abraham, the God of Isaac, and the God of Jacob’[b]? He is not the God of the dead but of the living.”

There are two distinct subjects being addressed here. 1. Marriage (Levitical/Jewish stuff) and Resurrection, newness's of life. You do not know the scriptures............... Old Testament.................. nor the Power of God.................. New Testament.

No wonder Jesus said.................You are in error because you do not know the scriptures.

It's a very Jewish book.
    Last edited by godsdozer; 01-09-2022 at 09:35 PM.

11. Member
    By the way............... Dig said " there is no male or female in the afterlife" After what life (or death)? Adams? or Christ?

12. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by rexico View Post
    It seems to me , a person has to at least be curious about the author of Genesis. Who was it?
    Who do you believe it was? I am probably not as curious as you seem to be.

13. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by godsdozer View Post
    Who do you believe it was? I am probably not as curious as you seem to be.
    I have no idea....Who do you think it is? I know I am a heathen, but how can all this discussion go on about Genesis .....who's right and who's wrong when you don't have evidence of who the author is? I am also curious as to why you are not curious.

14. Banned
    Anyone who's understanding of evolution is that man came from an ape, has no understanding of evolution.

15. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by digthemup View Post
    Just my opinion based on the comments Christ made.
    Losing gender in heaven is not biblical. Moses and Elias were recognized as themselves(male) in Matthew 17. Jesus was a man on earth and looked the same after His resurrection. The rich man in hell was recognized as a man in luke 16:23

16. Member
    In Israels history, the lineage was carried on by marriage (Jew begot Jew, Jew married Jew, Jews had Jewish babies, ect.) ............ I do not agree with Digs understanding of the scripture he brought up, but none the less...............

Jesus was addressing the Sadducees who did not believe in a resurrection..............

29 Jesus replied, “You are in error because you do not know the Scriptures or the power of God.30 At the resurrection people will neither marry nor be given in marriage; they will be like the angels in heaven.31 But about the resurrection of the dead—have you not read what God said to you,32 ‘I am the God of Abraham, the God of Isaac, and the God of Jacob’[b]? He is not the God of the dead but of the living.”

There are two distinct subjects being addressed here. 1. Marriage (Levitical/Jewish stuff) and Resurrection, newness's of life. You do not know the scriptures............... Old Testament.................. nor the Power of God.................. New Testament.

No wonder Jesus said.................You are in error because you do not know the scriptures.

It's a very Jewish book.
    I'm not sure what that has to do with my question to Dig. A couple bullet points would be appreciated. Thanks

17. Member
    The bible says it was worldwide and many good theories agree.
    1. Massive sedimentary rock layers continent wide
    2. flood stories from every major culture
    3. massive fossil beds

The bible says it was worldwide and many good theories agree.
    1. Massive sedimentary rock layers continent wide
    2. flood stories from every major culture
    3. massive fossil beds
    How come those other cultures don't ever speak about Noah? They must have come from his family, right?
    He/him
    Kayak fishing in a Native Slayer Max 12.5
    Lowrance Elite 9 ti2

19. Member

It's a very Jewish book.
    Dozer,

I understand the genealogy of the Hebrews of the time, and the fact that Jesus was pointing resurrection to the Sadducees. What I explained was based on my opinion as to how I perceived us being in the after life as spiritual beings of light. Since I do not attribute any sexual gender to beings of light, it is my opinion of the no male or female.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast