Help with the CX 18 SS?

So, until I read your guys posts here I was pretty convinced I was buying either a Vexus 189c/1880 or an Xpress X18pfc

But now.....

So I'm in Oklahoma, obviously it gets windy on the lakes here. For those in Oklahoma I typically would fish Eufaula, Arcadia, Kaw, Grand, Murray and Texoma. I actually live in Edmond but my family has a house on Eufaula as well.

I always thought a glass boat would be best, but I do a lot of crappie fishing and frankly I liked the idea of the livewell in front and back on the tin boats and the side by side seating. But the more I think about it, the more I think that part doesn't matter but perhaps the stability of the glass boat would be better served.

Any thoughts? Can any of you tell me your comparisons and why you would go with the Caymas over the Xpress or the Vexus?

Frankly the costs are pretty similar. The builds on the xpress or the vexus all end up in the mid-40s and the Caymas is sitting right there. I see several of the Caymas CX 18ss in inventory around me (within 2-3 hrs) so finding one isn't a problem.

I do like the xpress trailer quite a bit and it seems the Caymas trailer is maybe not as good.

Anyway, any help or honest advice and concerns would be greatly appreciated!!

If it matters, I have a 2018 4Runner TRD so I don't think towing any of them would be an issue at all.

2. Member
    Ive heard great things about all the 18 model boats

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by billproxs View Post
    Ive heard great things about all the 18 model boats
    Great to hear. Hopefully I'm going to go see a few this week.

Anything I should look for when viewing them? any options etc that seem really helpful?

I really dont' want to order one due to time constraints so I'd just prefer to find one in inventory.

4. Member
    I’ve looked hard at two different 18 SS / GTS boats. The trailer construction and the boat construction, fit and finish is top notch at least on those two boats I looked at. I had no complaints about the boat and loved the layout with one exception-I’m a bigger guy and the leg well at the console was tight. If you are 6’ or under I doubt you’d have any issues.
    2022 Ranger z518 / 2022 Merc Pro XS 200 serial # 3B137559

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bman5150 View Post
    I’ve looked hard at two different 18 SS / GTS boats. The trailer construction and the boat construction, fit and finish is top notch at least on those two boats I looked at. I had no complaints about the boat and loved the layout with one exception-I’m a bigger guy and the leg well at the console was tight. If you are 6’ or under I doubt you’d have any issues.

I read you can actually move back the seats. There's apparently three different positions.

I'm just at 6'1 so maybe it'll be ok. Plan on taking a look this week

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Kirium View Post
    I read you can actually move back the seats. There's apparently three different positions.

I'm just at 6'1 so maybe it'll be ok. Plan on taking a look this week
    that’s correct-you can move the seats back (they slide back and forth / are adjustable) and if you reinstall the brackets further back, you can probably gain another 1-2”. That being said, I’m just not sure relocating the bracket back another inch or two would work for me. But the best thing for you to do is to go sit in it yourself. I’d be curious what you think-post an update here once you’ve sat in the driver’s console.

It’s a beautiful boat and is very smartly laid out so I hope it’s an option for you. We need more people with these boats to share their experiences owning and operating the 18 SS and GTS!
    2022 Ranger z518 / 2022 Merc Pro XS 200 serial # 3B137559