Newbe Elite 7ti2, multiple questions

My boat came with a Lowrance Hook2 4x. I bought a Lowrance Elite 7 Ti2 on sale. I moved the Hook2 to the bow, and installed the Elite on the console. The Hook2 is.....not that great. The display has lines all over it at times. I have decided I want down imaging on the bow, so I'm not really worried about the Hook2. It had similar lines before I installed the Elite, and moved the Hook to the bow. (before the Elite 7 Ti2 transducer was mounted near the bullet transducer)

I can't find definitive information about what networking capabilities the Elite 7 Ti2 has. Can it (and another one... or whatever) be networked to show down imaging on the bow? I'm pretty sure I read that sonar and gps is all that's available via bluetooth. Will a cabled network share down imaging? What do I need for such a network? I haven't found the value, or either haven't figured out how to use the Side Imaging yet.

Also, my wife got a a Mercury Vessel View Mobile. I like the display on my phone. Is there any way to get this display on my Elite 7 ti2? (I think it uses a different interface for engine data)

Thanks in advance for your answers. I'm a newby with fishing electronics.

2. Member
    An Elite Ti2 can only share data to another Elite Ti2. It does this wirelessly (not Bluetooth though) and can share sonar and structure images as well as waypoints.
    The Elite units can also connect into a NMEA 2000 network to share GPS position data. But you would have to build the network first.
    The Vessel View Mobile can only share to your phone. There are more expensive Mercury systems that share to a NMEA 2000 network. Those will share data to HDS units. It sure about Elite units but I think not.

NoCAL
    2004TR-21X/2015 250 ProXS
    2B112175

3. Member
    You can download the Ti2 operators manual pdf file AND Hook2 operators manual from Lowrance website.

Two wireless paired Ti2(s) can share:
    2d sonar (not SideScan or DownScan)
    chart cards
    waypoints and routes
    (do not need a NMEA 2000 system if use two Ti2 for above items)
    I have two Elite 9 Ti2 using wireless, use one C-Map Discover MSD. Both came with 3 in 1 transducers; I put a 2d/ds transducer on my trolling motor, and a 3 in 1 on my jack plate.

My Ti2(s) with preloaded US Inland mapping had some lakes with 1-foot, but many with 20-foot contour lines [20 ft > Table Rock, LOZ, Bull Shoals (MO); Beaver Lake (AR)]; or no contour lines.

Two C-MAP Insight PRO MSD(s) (12/2017 & 04/2020) did nothing to increase the number of lakes with 1-foot contour lines, but did add some map color palette choices.

One C-MAP Discover MSD M-NA-Y200.49 Feb 2021 (shared on my two Ti2(s)) had 1-foot contour lines on all the lakes I checked; except for Lake Taneycomo (Branson, MO) which had NO contour lines. 1-foot contour lines >> MO - Stockton, Truman, LOZ, Table Rock, Pomme de Terre; AR - Bull Shoals, Beaver; OK - Grand Lake; GA - Eufala; FL - Lake Seminole.
    Last edited by tj; 01-03-2022 at 08:39 AM.
    Champion 184
    Mercury 175 EFI

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by tj View Post
    You can download the Ti2 operators manual pdf file AND Hook2 operators manual from Lowrance website.

Two wireless paired Ti2(s) can share:
    2d sonar (not SideScan or DownScan)
    chart cards
    waypoints and routes
    (do not need a NMEA 2000 system if use two Ti2 for above items)
    I have two Elite 9 Ti2 using wireless, use one C-Map Discover MSD. Both came with 3 in 1 transducers; I put a 2d/ds transducer on my trolling motor, and a 3 in 1 on my jack plate.
    Thanks, I didn't realize they would share C-map discover cards, I have 1 and thought I would have to buy another for the 2nd unit. You just saved me the price of another card. I haven't tried it out yet since the boat is in storage for the Winter.

5. Member
    If have Discover MSD in bow Ti2, then put bow Ti2 in Standby while changing locations with big motor; the console Ti2 would lose the Discover map and revert to the preloaded US Inland (until the bow Ti2 was ON again).

So I put my Discover MSD in the console Ti2 (base), which will not be put into Standby while on the lake and have jack plate 3-in-1 on Stop Sonar unless I'm actually using it. Also have a 2010 X135 on console for thru-hull 2d for driving. My boat is in garage, so I been figuring things out best I can.
    Champion 184
    Mercury 175 EFI

6. Member
    Great replies. Thanks. I had the Elite settings all at default. I've been researching, and can do better next time out. I believe the problem with the Hook2 is interference. I didn't think the 2 transducers would interfere with each other due to different frequencies...but again, it may be something in the settings.

The factory install of the Hook2 was terrible. The fuse that should be near the battery was actually inside the console. Currently I have both units running off the same power and ground wires but at least the fuse is where it should be. I suppose I need to run separate wires for each unit. I'm not sure I can get the detail I want on the Hook2, but at least I've have decent wiring if I install another Elite Ti2 or something else.

I haven't even begun to get into the charts and mapping yet. So far I've only been to a 1500 acre lake.

7. Member
    FWIW I found that I can use a tablet to mirror the screen from the Elite Ti2. My wife has an old Ipad she doesn't use anymore so I've got it on the bow. I can do anything on it that I normally do with the console unit. FWIW you can't control your trolling motor from the tablet....but I don't have an electronically controlled trolling motor.

I'll share more info if requested.

8. Member
    Just as an FYI, Lowrance supplies a short power cable and an even shorter fuse section. In every install I’ve done or seen, the power cable connects to power under the console and the fuse is right there. I don’t think they did anything wrong on your install. Everything I run is off a fuse box in my starboard locker. Power runs from the back up to the box and then out to all the devices. So again fuses are actually closer to the devices than to the battery.

NoCAL
    2004TR-21X/2015 250 ProXS
    2B112175