Willow Leaf Blades

Looking to replace blades on several of my spinnerbaits I like the blades on the Strike King Scorchers and the Stanley Wedge can either of these be purchased from suppliers? If not what do the lure builders here recommend for the best action. I am looking for painted, gold and silver blades.

I always bought my blades from https://worthco.com/ .... Some use http://www.lakelandcomponentsolutions.com/ and prefer their finish's. I believe these 2 places supply most of the tackle building retailers.

Take a peek at both web sites.

Marks Props 317-398-9294, 1850 East 225 South, Shelbyville, Indiana 46176 propellerman59@gmail.com http://www.marksprops.com/index.html

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by harrys View Post
    Looking to replace blades on several of my spinnerbaits I like the blades on the Strike King Scorchers and the Stanley Wedge can either of these be purchased from suppliers? If not what do the lure builders here recommend for the best action. I am looking for painted, gold and silver blades.
    You should be able to buy some Wedge blades as I have purchased them before.

Allen

4. Member
    I fairly recently tried to purchase blades from worth and they have 500 minimum on gold and 250 on painted blades if I remember correctly. Not sure if this was total or each individual size but it was way more than I needed. I just broke down and went with the hildebrandts instead. Trying to find a good brass painted blade is next on the list but not many out there from what I can find, mostly steel.

5. Member
    Allen, can you say where you bought the wedge blades

Always check the obvious first..... https://fishstanley.com/product/wedg...cement-blades/

https://www.tacklewarehouse.com/Stan...kaAtrwEALw_wcB

Marks Props 317-398-9294, 1850 East 225 South, Shelbyville, Indiana 46176 propellerman59@gmail.com http://www.marksprops.com/index.html

7. Member
    Ebay

8. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by billwvu05 View Post
    I fairly recently tried to purchase blades from worth and they have 500 minimum on gold and 250 on painted blades if I remember correctly. Not sure if this was total or each individual size but it was way more than I needed. I just broke down and went with the hildebrandts instead. Trying to find a good brass painted blade is next on the list but not many out there from what I can find, mostly steel.

Good luck with getting even a quote from Worth for gold blades. On their website it has something about market conditions or something like that? I tried to order some gold blades from them and they came back with 240% of the cost that Lakeland charges. Additionally I have been waiting on a blade stamp quote from them since the beginning of November. If they didn't have the like 3 blades I can't buy anywhere else I would have written them off by now.

Allen

9. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Munkin View Post
    Good luck with getting even a quote from Worth for gold blades. On their website it has something about market conditions or something like that? I tried to order some gold blades from them and they came back with 240% of the cost that Lakeland charges. Additionally I have been waiting on a blade stamp quote from them since the beginning of November. If they didn't have the like 3 blades I can't buy anywhere else I would have written them off by now.

Allen
    The way she explained it to me is they would contact me right before production with the current market price and then I would give the go ahead if the price was ok. In any event, the minimum was way more than I was looking to spend. Im only making 25-30 spinnerbaits per season so it didn't make sense for me.

10. Member
    Geeee.......I guess I got lazy Mike, I generally look before asking but I was told by a local lure builder that "you can't buy" wedge or scorcher blades on the market so I figured I would ask here and never looked myself as a few have said Lakeland and Worth are volume manufactures I am looking for just my personal use

I used to buy Gold and Nickle plated blades from Barlow's Tackle Supply that were really nice heavy blades. They also offered cheaper economy versions that were just polished brass that where just to light and sucked. The Premium Ones I still have and use today. If you try these, make sure to get the "PREMIUM or PLATED ONES". Barlow's Tackle Willow Blades
    Last edited by LennyB; 01-05-2022 at 12:56 PM.

13. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by billwvu05 View Post
    I have been using Hildebrandt to upgrade my SB blades for decades...to me it is evident that the Yakima Hidlebrandt blades are not the same as the ones from a few years ago. Has anyone noticed this?

14. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by dragon1 View Post
    I have been using Hildebrandt to upgrade my SB blades for decades...to me it is evident that the Yakima Hidlebrandt blades are not the same as the ones from a few years ago. Has anyone noticed this?
    Quality went downhill at some point? The premium ones from Lakeland or Worth are just as good now.

Allen