Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Mcjenson View Post
    You've already got an awesome boat, it will do anything you need to put you onto fish. I certainly wouldn't extend myself just to change brands to a better built boat.
    Better built boat? Not certain about that.
    Considered changing for other reasons.
    Boatless

2. Member
    The caracal is over priced! And so is everything else. I have a 2021 model. Nothing is getting cheaper thats for sure. For all the people on the fence or complaining about basscats being priced so much higher than other brands, then why such a waiting list??? Waiting longer to get what you want will cost you more money. Pay cash or just finance it. People pay more for quality and customer service. Basscat is the best built bass boat period. That includes the trailers also. And if anyone with another brand is on the basscat forum all i can say is im sorry you dont have a basscat. We all make mistakes

Quote Originally Posted by fishfry View Post
    " I love the caracal and the layout." "if the price on the caracal was $10k less that would be the boat for me." I don't have the answer, but I understand both of your comments better than you can imagine.
    The Caracal is overpriced and the layout is bad 😉. I would not buy one, just buy a Jaguar like i did😀.
    I have had most of them, some are just better than others.

IMG_0929.jpgI agree, just buy a Jaguar and be done with it

Quote Originally Posted by PT180 View Post
    The Caracal is overpriced and the layout is bad 😉. I would not buy one, just buy a Jaguar like i did😀.
    Yep just buy a Jaguar
    2022 Basscat Jaquar
    Mercury 300 Pro Xs

Shit they are all overpriced....who pays $70+ grand for an 18' boat. Oh wait, I did.
    Boatless

7. Member
    The caracal’s layout is fantastic. Center rod locker. Bait lockers open to the right so you can sit on the deck and open without hitting anything. The storage is as much as any 21’ boat. Unreal the amount of room this boat has. And the extra pocket where the oil tank used to be is great for tools and jumper cables. Things you dont want to have to use but always in the boat and out of the way when you need them. Everyone that fishes out of my boat loves all the room it has.

Quote Originally Posted by iron banks View Post
    IMG_0929.jpgI agree, just buy a Jaguar and be done with it
    Beautiful boat I love blue!
    I have had most of them, some are just better than others.

Quote Originally Posted by Bkp2609 View Post
    The caracal’s layout is fantastic. Center rod locker. Bait lockers open to the right so you can sit on the deck and open without hitting anything. The storage is as much as any 21’ boat. Unreal the amount of room this boat has. And the extra pocket where the oil tank used to be is great for tools and jumper cables. Things you dont want to have to use but always in the boat and out of the way when you need them. Everyone that fishes out of my boat loves all the room it has.
    I love that layout....how does the net storage work? Looks like it would stick up over the gunnels.
    Boatless

10. Member
    The net does stick up past the gunnel. Another cool thing about the caracal is the passenger console is placed in front of the passenger and not offset like most boats. In doing that it allows the rods to not rub the console on the passenger side. 7 1/2 foot rods are no problem in the caracal. Its little things like that that make the caracal a great 19’ boat. It feels like a larger boat when fishing. It just dont take the big rollers like a 21’ boat. But we all know that when buying it. I love it over my 17 cougar and 13 p2. Last boat for a long time for me. And its fast!

11. Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by nojretlas View Post
    Shit they are all overpriced....who pays $70+ grand for an 18' boat. Oh wait, I did.

12. Member
    In my opinion, the Caracal is trying to be something it is not. A pro-level boat needs to have a 250 when you’re dealing with 3ft waves, a fat co-angler, a full gas tank and a full livewell. If you could put a 250 on the Caracal I would buy it in a heartbeat, but it’s just not quite there with the 225, especially at the price of other fully rigged boats that do have a 250.

13. Member
    So you think 25 horsepower makes a difference on the caracal when it weighs in at @1700 lbs? A skeeter zx225 weighs over 2000lbs. And im sure other brands are around that weight. No way 300+ lbs offsets a 25hp upgrade. You can run 70 with all that you mentioned. Pass most boats with a 250 with ease on a tournament run.

14. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Chad Sweitzer View Post
    In my opinion, the Caracal is trying to be something it is not. A pro-level boat needs to have a 250 when you’re dealing with 3ft waves, a fat co-angler, a full gas tank and a full livewell. If you could put a 250 on the Caracal I would buy it in a heartbeat, but it’s just not quite there with the 225, especially at the price of other fully rigged boats that do have a 250.
    I agree, a boat that size and price needs a 250 for sure.

15. Member
    Im pretty sure a 19’ boat will never come with a 250 in any brand. Liability and safety issues…..

It's worth what the market's willing to pay for it. As long as there's enough takers to keep the production line backed up for months - it might be a little underpriced?

17. Member
    USCG guidelines wont allow for a 250 based on length and width. But regardless there's not much of a difference between a 225 and a 250 on bottom end or even midrange for that matter. As far as top end goes that cat is as fast or faster then most 20 footers with a 250.

The Caracal is exactly what it is. YOU want it to be something it is not…a boat with a 250. Most boat makers have a 19 footer with a 225. It performs great in waves. I have had mine on Lake Erie and Lake Lanier in the summer. It did just fine. I did not have to do anything different than when I was out in the same stuff with my Cougar with a 250.

USN Retired
    2020 Basscat Caracal
    2020 Mercury 225 ProXS 4s

19. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ThomasD View Post
    USCG guidelines wont allow for a 250 based on length and width. But regardless there's not much of a difference between a 225 and a 250 on bottom end or even midrange for that matter. As far as top end goes that cat is as fast or faster then most 20 footers with a 250.
    They should make it with another 4" built in setback so it would be a 20' boat that could be rated for a 250 or more.

20. Member
    People that dont own a caracal or been in one seem to know how great its not! My caracal has 100% positive feedback from anyone thats been in it or seen it pass all them so called fast boats with the 250’s hanging off the back of them.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast