Throttle body rebuildabe?

J150GLETG
    I have some air leaking around the throttle body shaft and can only get a new replacement for the starboard side. Are there seals that can be replaced? Any other way to stop the vacuum leak? Thanks

2. SC Club Moderator ChampioNman's Avatar
    Nope nothing serviceable in throttle body.

3. New England Forum Moderator twitch's Avatar
    Will a set from a 1991 J150GLEIS fit that, if so I may be able to help you out ,what year is your motor ??
    1990 374V Ranger Still kickin' bass after all these years

4. Member

5. Member
    A carb shop might be able to replace the busing if that is the leak? IF you can find a carb shop??
    2022 z519 cup 225 merc 4s ser # 3B210484. 2--hds12 live units. 2 poles, atlas plate, ghost, hamby's, active target, merc digital gauges
    2002 basscat pantera 3 (dad bought new) sold 8-2-22
    2000 stratos 20 ss (bought new) 200 hp Rude ficht great boat/motor sold 11-21
    pulled by a 2500HD Denali
    proud dad of an ARMY Captain
    MAGA
    ASE/GM Master tech before tools

6. SC Club Moderator ChampioNman's Avatar
    I'd replace the spaghetti O rings behind the throttle bodies first. Then go from there. Stbd and port are two different part numbers.

7. Member
    Will do the gaskets. The shafts wiggle around a little and spraying carb cleaner around the shafts cause the motor to stumble. Can you say what year model throttle bodies will work with my 93? See some new ones on ebay relatively cheap for a 99. Look about the same except mine has plugs on the side and these have the removable cover. Can give part number if needed.

8. SC Club Moderator ChampioNman's Avatar
    The one with the plugs are for the fixed orifice carbs. The removable plate TB's are for the adjustable idle carbs. If you go that route you'll need the carbs to go with it. Please look at www.crowleymarine.com for your model year and specific notes regarding you carbs and throttle bodies.