Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Mercury 3L/4 Stroke/Verado Moderator EuropeanAM's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by leonreno View Post
    I think he means when you removed the carbs to install the EFI and then reinstalled the carbs back.
    Correct- in other words, has a complete sync-n-link been done since the carbs were bolted back onto the engine?

If you've tried 3 triggers now, we'll go with the "it's probably not the trigger" approach for now. Usually don't like to assume "new = good".

Dual Mercury Master Technician- for Mercury Outboards, Mercruiser and Mercury Racing at European Marine in Greenville, SC.
    Still consider myself a "Marine Apprentice" after 47 years (learn something new every day).
    Mercury Parts, Mercury Outboards, Smartcraft & Accessories, Injector Service, TDR Reeds- BBC Sponsor

2. Member
    Little update on this thing. Link/sync was done. I've ran the boat about 200 miles according to my GPS in the last couple weeks.

Some trips you'd never know it has an issue. Starts and idles great even at 15*, runs anywhere above 3500 great. Never bogs on initial takeoff.

Sometimes when hot the motor will want to bog on takeoff. When it wants to bog, I can return the binnicle to idle then pin the throttle and it will come right up strong.
    Last edited by TMANN; 02-23-2022 at 11:05 AM.

3. Mercury 3L/4 Stroke/Verado Moderator EuropeanAM's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by TMANN View Post
    Sometimes when hot the motor will want to bog on takeoff. When it wants to bog, I can return the binnicle to idle then pin the throttle and it will come right up strong.
    True or false:

-Primer bulb pumped firm before every single start

-Engine at LEVEL TRIM when starting, idling and attempting to accelerate

-Engine idled for a minimum of 45 seconds before attempting to accelerate

Dual Mercury Master Technician- for Mercury Outboards, Mercruiser and Mercury Racing at European Marine in Greenville, SC.
    Still consider myself a "Marine Apprentice" after 47 years (learn something new every day).
    Mercury Parts, Mercury Outboards, Smartcraft & Accessories, Injector Service, TDR Reeds- BBC Sponsor

4. Member
    what's idle timing set at , have you looked at fuel psi when bog occurs
    .................................................. ...the scariest thing in life is the unknown ...................................

5. Member
    I removed the backdraft jets and it runs great. Smooth as can be. Idle timing is 4*.

I'm going to go thru these carbs again to make sure having them removed isin't just covering up another issue.

Have you guys ever heard of a service buliten about removing the backdraft jets?

6. Member
    on some older carbs yes or enlarging them
    .................................................. ...the scariest thing in life is the unknown ...................................

7. Member
    question does the plate gaskets in front of carbs allow air in backdraft erea/ have hole in it ????? important

8. Member
    Yes sir the gaskets do have the cutout.

9. Member

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12