1 year review ZXR20

I know when you buy a new boat you have to work the bugs out but this bug is infested. There’s not enough room here to list them all but this last one is a dandy. My boat chine walks like no other I’ve had it to three different dealers Since the dealer I bought it from sold the dealership A month after I bought it. At my 20 hour service they tried to address this issue they told me my jack plate was all level and tight. Next place I took it to same thing. I even went threw and made sure everything was tightened up. I had no movement that was out of the norm at all except my hydraulic steering was loose early and fixed it. After hearing everyone say how stable theirs was that you could drive out of it i’m like these people are nuts. So I thought I’m buying a hydraulic jack plate. Took to a dealer to install The one that actually fixed my hydraulic steering which didn’t help but definitely needed fixed. When they hooked up to my motor and lifted to take the load off the transom to loosen the bolts they were spinning. Also the manual jack plate wasn’t even siliconed. This is unacceptable!!! New Jackplate on no chine walk but who knows how much damage my transom took besides top holes wallered out and rubbed threw gel coat on bottom. All I can say is WOW
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Big bass Kelly; 01-01-2022 at 04:45 PM.

2. Member
    Plus I think that these boat companies are trying to capitalize on the booming sales and the quality control is out the window and they use covid as their excuse. Then they let the dealers deal with all the pissed off customers.

3. Member
    If the holes are wallerd out isn’t that covered under warranty? I know it’s a pain In the butt to deal with.

4. Member
    I would document and ask your dealer for help. Your kinda on your own in this.
    I would file a warranty claim. It will go to Skeeter and Mr. Robert Young will make his decision.
    My boat has air voids in the fiberglass hull which were documented by a fiberglass shop that
    Skeeter sent me too. They found and acknowledged the problem at the factory, but refused to fix the hull because
    it passed an outside the hull pressure test. So don't get your hopes up too much. I had several issues
    with the process and found that nothing I said was of any influence too Skeeter. And I still don't have
    high speed 2D functioning on my boat. I wish you luck sir, hopefully you have a good Tech working on your
    rig, the right attention to your problem can solve it. Good Luck!

5. Member
    I emailed Skeeter week ago Wanting the area rep to call me. I’ve always wondered if Yamaha knows the situation with Skeeters poor customer service? I know in the past if I have a problem with my Yamaha they are all over it.

6. Member
    Skeeter - Kilgore Tx
    Main # - 903-984-0541
    Warranty Tech Support
    Zach Sheppard
    # 903-615-3070
    Austin Fowler - x-3070

Thats all I have.. good luck!

7. Member
    Thank you. I have dealt with him before early when I was trying to figure out my chine walk. He is the one that told me to get sacks of deer corn and put in my boat.

8. Member
    God Help Us! ^^^^^^

9. Member
    Unacceptable for a major company's quality control......wow!

10. Member
    Wow.....not good

11. Member
    1 year old boat. Sure looks like the factory blew that install.

Quote Originally Posted by Big bass Kelly View Post
    Thank you. I have dealt with him before early when I was trying to figure out my chine walk. He is the one that told me to get sacks of deer corn and put in my boat.
    Wtf??

13. Scraps
    Quote Originally Posted by Ctbassfishing View Post
    Plus I think that these boat companies are trying to capitalize on the booming sales and the quality control is out the window and they use covid as their excuse. Then they let the dealers deal with all the pissed off customers.
    This could be a new, untrained, unskilled personnel thing too and who knows how many boats got affected. Really sharp looking boats though.
    2017 Phoenix 819
    2016 200ProXS, s/n 2B359849, Mod 1200P73BD

14. Scraps
    Quote Originally Posted by Big bass Kelly View Post
    Adding weight to a boat should never be a solution.
    2017 Phoenix 819

15. Member
    Solution is don’t have a motor flopping around on the back of the boat. I think the deer corn was to get pack rats to get rid of the problem.

16. Scraps
    Have a buddy with an FX20, manual plate. He's had issues with the plate not being "plumb" on the transom. The adjustment marks on either side of the plate are off. The boat however doesn't chine at all. Much different that a motor wobbling around back there. That's a lot of horsepower shaking around.
    2017 Phoenix 819

17. Member
    I fished with a guy at a Bass Open last year that had a new FXR21. It was a replacement for a new FXR21 that had some sort of error in the mold. The boat never did handle correctly and would not go over 55mph. I will say the ride and quality of his replacement FXR21 was fantastic. But the trouble he went through on a new boat sounded terrible.

18. Member
    Which ever dealer you took it too should have called Skeeter immediately. Whether the boat was messed up when it was built the dealer should have pushed to get it back to Skeeter. I've had three new Skeeters in 10 years and have two big issues. The first one was the trailer had the bunk brackets on one side welded on an inch to low. My dealer called Skeeter and demanded a new trailer which I got. My latest boat developed a gelcoat crack on one of the sponsons and again my dealer called Skeeter and I took the boat to the factory and it was fixed in less than 30 days. You can call Skeeter yourself but it's up to the dealer to take care of these issues.
    2021 Skeeter ZX225
    2021 Yamaha SHO 225 VF225LA