Upgrading electronics

2016 xb 21, currently have an onix8 in the dash, I'd like to upgrade to a solix 10.. looking for mounting options,brackets ,mounts etc.. any ideas would be appreciated..wish hb made a solix 8..

I had a 12" Helix on my 2019 BasSport. I now have a 15" Solix.
    My dash insert wasn't cut out, so it made it easier to bolt a piece of aluminum angle iron with a backing plate. I then attached the gimble mount to the angle iron.
    When I upgraded to the 15" had to make a spacer for the steering wheel and re-position the angle iron. It's a tight fit and tough to get on and off but the big screen is nice for my old eyes. If your dash is already cut out for a flush mount, I would think all you would need is a bigger backing plate.
    I'll try to get some pictures.

3. Member
    Thanks , yes it's cut out for the 8.. I have a side mount and an onix 12 on it now..I would go with helix but I think the solix10 is the same dimensions as the 10onix I have on the front.. I want both units the same.. I don't need the 15 but I'd like to see how you have it mounted..

I filled the hole with a poly slab and just fabbed up a basic bracket. Im no welder, but bracket is hidden. Im replaced the HDS 8 in dash with an old school HDS 10 I had. Want to go to a 12" next to link with Garmin 12" on the front.

5. Member
    Thanks for the pic

here's mine

bracket 2.jpg