Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
  1. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Riccochet View Post
    Not gonna lie, BCB has the most confusing boat naming lineup out there. At least yall added the lengths next to the names on your website. Couple years ago that wasn't there, and I didn't know where to look for what I was looking for. And still don't understand why you have 4 different models that are 20', and 3 different models that are 19'. And with no pricing on there, just makes it even more confusing.
    Agree with you about confusing pricing, but I will say basscat does have very big differences between their models. I mean a lynx and an eyra are both 20’ boats, but completely different style hulls. I get more confused with Phoenix and skeeter knowing what the hull differences are. Or even ranger.
    2020 Nitro Z20 Pro Package

2. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Riccochet View Post
    Not gonna lie, BCB has the most confusing boat naming lineup out there. At least yall added the lengths next to the names on your website. Couple years ago that wasn't there, and I didn't know where to look for what I was looking for. And still don't understand why you have 4 different models that are 20', and 3 different models that are 19'. And with no pricing on there, just makes it even more confusing.
    Yup. Went through this earlier this year and stayed away. I may be called dumb for it, but I wanted simple terms and descriptions and make my choices from there. Also, not having a base price listed is a turn off for me. I see BCB is trying to fix that which is great, but it makes it seem like it’s a “if you have to ask, you can’t afford it boat”. The prices listed will probably help them sell a lot more boats to be honest. Coming out of an aluminum, I was not brand loyal to any company and I’m still not, I know BCB is highly thought of but didn’t want to go through calling dealers because I couldn’t figure out what I wanted because the models are confusing.

What did catch my eyes though were the special packages BCB had listed, but the packages made made no sense since they were probably the worst ways to spec out a bass boat.

Being a non brand loyal bass boat shopper is tough and you have to narrow brands down somehow. We can’t all do the great bass boat search every year lol.
    Last edited by tdnick; 01-02-2022 at 04:22 PM.
    2021 Triton 20 TRX Patriot w/ 250 ProXS
    16” HDS Live at console
    12” & 9” HDS Live at Bow
    Ghost, Active Target, Atlas Hydraulic, and 8’ Blades

3. Member
    ^^^^ You can help yourself out by making a boat buying matrix and list what aspects in a boat you are looking for and that are important to you. Give each a grade and then see where that leads you. The top 3 or so go take a ride in and make the decision.

Example: front deck width, single or split livewells, number of fuel tanks and locations, ride in rough water, top speed, etc...

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Dixie-Raven View Post
    ^^^^ You can help yourself out by making a boat buying matrix and list what aspects in a boat you are looking for and that are important to you. Give each a grade and then see where that leads you. The top 3 or so go take a ride in and make the decision.

Example: front deck width, single or split livewells, number of fuel tanks and locations, ride in rough water, top speed, etc...
    100%. I did mine mentally and then previous boat broke, called a dealer the same day and got a quote, then ordered it with what I wanted. Didn’t think it was going to be as tough as a decision as it was. Lots of good manufacturers out there which is good for all of us.
    2021 Triton 20 TRX Patriot w/ 250 ProXS
    16” HDS Live at console
    12” & 9” HDS Live at Bow
    Ghost, Active Target, Atlas Hydraulic, and 8’ Blades

Quote Originally Posted by 22RangerZ520R View Post
    Great post

I bought a 2022 Ranger Z520R with a Merc, hope to take delivery of it soon.
    How long you been waiting ?

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Bass Cat Boats View Post
    For 2022 we eliminated the Puma FTD to reduce confusion with the new Puma STS Series and then a Caracal SP was offered. The Cougar FTD has that same hull, and the Eyra is also available, which both were fresh designs in 2021.

BCB
    But it's impossible to find a Cougar that a dealer will sell for what you (BCB) told me a couple of months ago one could be purchased for (copied and pasted below). I understand the dealer being independent, but I think you are getting a bad reputation by allowing them to charge pretty much what they want.
    Attached Images Attached Images

7. Member
    Wow - this is really great information. They all range from near $70K to $100K, and at my age that kind of boat is no longer in the picture. If I was looking, I wouldn't even worry about a difference of $5K - $7K because you're already committed to spending a fortune. Those big aluminum rigs are looking more and more attractive.

Quote Originally Posted by 22RangerZ520R View Post
    Great post

I bought a 2022 Ranger Z520R with a Merc, hope to take delivery of it soon.
    Lucky Dog! That’s a badazz boat!!

9. Member
    to many good used boats on the market for me to spend that kind of money , I dont make a dime of money fishing , it dont add up for me
    1996 Javelin 409T DC /225 Johnson Venom

10. BBC SPONSOR/ Shallow Water Anchors Moderator
    blown away at the Nitro loaded price.. really makes that Phoenix 920 elite look like a bargin.

11. Member
    They post prices here on Nitro, Triton, and Ranger.

https://www.proschoicemarine.com/

12. Member
    After looking at this and giving it some thought, how many bass fishermen really need a 21' boat with a 250? Unless you are a real "pro" or a guide, or fish huge and dangerous waters, you are just trying to "keep up with the Joneses" by going to a bigger and bigger ride. Don't get me wrong, big boats are great and fun to fish from, but what percentage of us couldn't do just as well with the 17 - 18' boats people used to run with a 90 - 150 HP outboard, single axle trailer, one power pole, 2 - 3 depthfinders, etc.? Just the difference in jumping to the bigger motor, dual axle trailer, twin poles, super trolling motor, and multiple big-screen units can easily add $20K or more to the price. We really can't complain about the prices because we are the ones driving this market. Can't blame the manufacturers for building what we keep on buying.

13. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ttranger View Post
    After looking at this and giving it some thought, how many bass fishermen really need a 21' boat with a 250? Unless you are a real "pro" or a guide, or fish huge and dangerous waters, you are just trying to "keep up with the Joneses" by going to a bigger and bigger ride. Don't get me wrong, big boats are great and fun to fish from, but what percentage of us couldn't do just as well with the 17 - 18' boats people used to run with a 90 - 150 HP outboard, single axle trailer, one power pole, 2 - 3 depthfinders, etc.? Just the difference in jumping to the bigger motor, dual axle trailer, twin poles, super trolling motor, and multiple big-screen units can easily add $20K or more to the price. We really can't complain about the prices because we are the ones driving this market. Can't blame the manufacturers for building what we keep on buying.
    Wants and needs are two different things and why do so many people worry about what someone else has.

14. Member
    Why do you need/ want an 18' foot boat? A canoe or jon boat will do the same thing? See how ridiculous that sounds.

I first would have to give a damn about what everyone else is running to be "keeping up with the Jones's"...... I bought what I like and what fits my wants/needs after a lot of consideration.
    Last edited by Mark Perry; 01-02-2022 at 08:17 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mcjenson View Post
    To hold the dealers somewhat accountable. The other manufacturers at least give you an idea of what the price will be. Basscat lets the dealers run wild with markups, and the consumer is left to have to call dozens of dealers to try to get an idea on price, and many won’t even talk until you come in. Basscat themselves said they are going to try to list msrp in 2023 to help the consumer.
    If you think boat dealers are bad on this....try RV dealers...its straight up wolf of Wall Street screw them out of every cent you can tactics. Pricing differences for the same model can range 10's of thousands.

Small manufacturers will be more inclined to deal direct as many do....but national brands especially ones in the fishing industry do not..they have dealer agreements and usually a floor price. I bought our powerboat direct from the manufacturer and saved about 10k doing so...but again they aren't building thousands of boats a year..they build like 25 and only have a couple of dealers.

17. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Dixie-Raven View Post
    Why do you need/ want an 18' foot boat? A canoe or jon boat will do the same thing? See how ridiculous that sounds.
    It is not intended to be ridiculous. It is an honest question as to why we feel the need to spend that much money on things that are basically non-essential. A canoe or jon boat is not a valid comparison as it cannot do many of the things that a bass boat can do, but an 18' bass boat can do nearly all of the things that a larger one can. The same question can be asked about the price of homes and vehicles. We are all surprised by current prices, and want to blame everyone else for inflation, but the truth is a free market provides what people are willing to pay for. The average consumer is responsible for most of these outrageous prices. It doesn't matter to me if someone buys a $500K home or a $80K boat or truck, but I wonder what the motivation is for many of these purchases. I'm not looking to argue with people - just stating my opinion respectfully as we are all permitted to do.

18. Member
    The last boat I bought new was at a boat show that had probably a dozen or more brands and dealers present. I price shopped directly on the floor for the boat I wanted and even pitted one dealer against the other prior to making my decision. While in negotiations with the manager one of the salesmen/ pro-staffers called me out on what I was doing since he witnessed me doing similar at another dealer with the same brand boat. I was what business is it of yours and almost cost his manager a sale but lucky for him this manager gave me the better price.

19. Member
    It is not intended to be ridiculous. It is an honest question as to why we feel the need to spend that much money on things that are basically non-essential. A canoe or jon boat is not a valid comparison as it cannot do many of the things that a bass boat can do, but an 18' bass boat can do nearly all of the things that a larger one can. The same question can be asked about the price of homes and vehicles. We are all surprised by current prices, and want to blame everyone else for inflation, but the truth is a free market provides what people are willing to pay for. The average consumer is responsible for most of these outrageous prices. It doesn't matter to me if someone buys a $500K home or a $80K boat or truck, but I wonder what the motivation is for many of these purchases. I'm not looking to argue with people - just stating my opinion respectfully as we are all permitted to do.
    Reread your post. Exactly what I said the first time. Worried about what someone else spends their money on. You say it doesn't matter to you but if that was true you wouldn't even be asking.

20. Member
    I can see what you are saying and agree with you. I myself won't be paying these crazy prices on new boats/ trucks as I cannot see the value in what I'm spending so much money on. I buy based on what I want/ need for my particular interests and likes. I could care less what anybody else does nor what some pro is pushing. To me any boat under 20' is just too small for a number of reasons and one over 21' is just too big for most applications where I would likely use it.

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast