Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Thing I notice not a huge diff in price. Glad I bought a new one when I did. Also if I decide to every get a new, might as well get want I like, prices are closer than I thought between brands. Thanks for your info.
    2022 Caymas cx20pro 250 Pro XS s/n 3B099812

Quote Originally Posted by Rangerdeepv View Post
    It is amazing what these items cost and even more amazing they are not hardly in stock anywhere at these prices. I will keep my newly paid off '16 Z119 for a long time.
    When your ready (and myself) for a new boat, 19'ers will go for what 21'ers cost now.
    2008 Ranger 178VX
    150 Yamaha V-max

GO Fins!!!

3. Banned
    Last thing the sales guys /dealership owners want is info for comparison in the hands of a customer. Good products with fair pricing should not be hiding anything.

It would be like someone having a huge home, couple of 80k+ boats and next thing you know they will have a PPP loan that looks a little inflated.
    Last edited by old4runner; 01-01-2022 at 07:08 PM.

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Mcjenson View Post
    Thanks, yes I meant the zx models
    they seem to be a deal or steal currently!! if only the had quality control and didn't porpoise so badly
    2022 z519 cup 225 merc 4s ser # 3B210484. 2--hds12 live units. 2 poles, atlas plate, ghost, hamby's, active target, merc digital gauges
    2002 basscat pantera 3 (dad bought new) sold 8-2-22
    2000 stratos 20 ss (bought new) 200 hp Rude ficht great boat/motor sold 11-21
    pulled by a 2500HD Denali
    proud dad of an ARMY Captain
    MAGA
    ASE/GM Master tech before tools

5. Member
    Thanks for your work. It must have taken significant effort. Harry

6. Member
    I love that Blazer 625 Pro Elite. Seems like a decent price rigged comparably

Quote Originally Posted by Riccochet View Post
    Maybe you're thinkin of the Skeeter ZX, since the FXR's are rather pricey. Especially compared to Nitro pricing.

The ZXRs are probably the most bang for the buck on a loaded 20' or 21' boat. The ZX models are different from the ZXRs and are not made in anything 20' orokde4 now. The FXRs are the top of the line and are also only 20' and 21' like the ZXR.

Quote Originally Posted by mactlman View Post
    they seem to be a deal or steal currently!! if only the had quality control and didn't porpoise so badly
    The ZXRs and FXRs do not porpoise.

9. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by mactlman View Post
    seems nitros false low advertised price isn't really so low?? who knew!!
    Great job Catcandoo! On Nitros I have been stating this for years and guys keep arguing no they are cheaper. No they are not if you load them how you want them typically.

Looks like Tritons are the most bang for the buck on a fully loaded flagship model.

10. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Dixie-Raven View Post
    Great job Catcandoo! On Nitros I have been stating this for years and guys keep arguing no they are cheaper. No they are not if you load them how you want them typically.

Looks like Tritons are the most bang for the buck on a fully loaded flagship model.
    Compare the nitro pro package compared to other companies packages, it was definitely cheaper, especially in 2020 when they came with shallow anchors. They have never been a great deal when built up from a base boat. Also, with the recent price increases, skeeter has passed them as the best value with their zxr packaged boats.
    2020 Nitro Z20 Pro Package

11. Member
    I'll stick with my paid for 24 yr old Champion

12. Ranger Boats Moderator 22RangerZ520R's Avatar
    Great post

I bought a 2022 Ranger Z520R with a Merc, hope to take delivery of it soon.

2022 Ranger Z520R | 2022 Platinum F250
    Apex 19 | (2) Apex 16's | Mega 360 | Mega Live

Quote Originally Posted by chatabass View Post
    So are car manufactures, every car comes with a sticker on the window with the base price.
    Good point. Boat business has always been and will be much less evolved than the car business unfortunately.
    24’Bass Cat Puma Sts-300 Proxs
    23’Gatortrax Gt tunnel hull-200 Suzuki

Quote Originally Posted by Dixie-Raven View Post

Not really, the Triton only has single graphs. If you added 2 more, that price would be up with the others. I know I am a BCB guy but the Puma is a great deal!

USN Retired
    2020 Basscat Caracal
    2020 Mercury 225 ProXS 4s

This is a healthy conversation and certainly has a lot more to it.

Retail focused box boats that have lower options are easily done in this manner. And just as you all are comparing prices, companies that offer more options will get slammed as being overpriced. Get your base ‘Zedmo’ model and hard option it, even then most more intricate brands have more option potential options than those big box shelf driven brands.

Some brands have minimal color and stripes, just overall items like cover material qualities and complex option details will not do well in opinion on a comparison. Base boats can be done with ease, though options are hard for those with limited product knowledge, even some good dealers have trouble and just say what do we need. Graphs and networking alone is a knowledge set some don’t have and we have everything from one brand, to three brands and five or six units on boats today.

We stock multiple Power Poles, colors, 8’, 10’ and also MinnKota Raptors in Active Anchoring. We have six hydraulic jackplate variations and every plate we install has a Gauge standard, which adds about $200 -$250 at retail and most don’t offer gauges at the factory.

Then we suggest Transducer Shield and Savers (TSS) on all exposed transducers, like side imaging. The cost of those matches the cost of a transducer, and we manually hand tap every hydraulic plate for those. And what BalZout or RAM mount do you need, oh you want dual pedestal? No you want the single top hung, opps no the bottom mounted on taper socket with 4” arms, no make that 6” arms… oh but now I need a 2” arm on that 7” graph.

The products that have multiple options require personal knowledge of how options tie together. In firearms, it’s not fluid and it’s hard to assemble triggers, sights, grips and more. Thus these same price obstacles exist for high end firearms and while you can buy a shelf custom, they can be dressed up also. Or just buy a nice Ruger or Savage and go shoot.

And then there’s volume and one item is important to a Ross Barnett owner, that part is just seldom needed elsewhere and adds to issues when one orders them without knowing. Some items the volumes are just limited and every time a vendor changes a widget, we have to upgrade another piece of information.

You can build a Bass Cat boat well over a million different ways (configurations) between all the options. A complex and intelligent customer figured that out between all the configurations, must have been cold and snow involved.

We are working towards an on line pricing tool for consumers, very similar to what dealers have. We also know the options will be cumbersome for many and that clunky feeling, we fear, may impact consumer purchase decisions among those less knowledgeable. We want to remain as custom as possible, though it’s going to be complicated. Of course we do have an amazing customer base that will openly help those who ask as much as we do. That will help lower confusion among those who ask online. Which some won’t ask.

Just go build a custom vehicle on one of the tools and it’s overwhelming, often not easily finding what a widget is. Go to Ford’s site to build an Expedition or F250 and start picking widgets, and there are way less widgets there.

While we want this also, we know it comes with a new set of obstacles and a new set of challenges.

BCB
    Last edited by Bass Cat Boats; 01-02-2022 at 09:48 AM.

16. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by 06 SB View Post
    Not really, the Triton only has single graphs. If you added 2 more, that price would be up with the others. I know I am a BCB guy but the Puma is a great deal!
    No more puma SP anymore from basscat though. They’ve gone up in price a bunch.
    2020 Nitro Z20 Pro Package

For 2022 we eliminated the Puma FTD to reduce confusion with the new Puma STS Series and then a Caracal SP was offered. The Cougar FTD has that same hull, and the Eyra is also available, which both were fresh designs in 2021.

BCB

Quote Originally Posted by Mcjenson View Post
    No more puma SP anymore from basscat though. They’ve gone up in price a bunch.

18. Member
    I guess I look at it different I do all my home work on boat brands and then decide the boat I want. Then go to the dealer and they say this is the base price and this is what that boat comes with at that price. Now what would would you like to add? Me personally if I’m going to spend that kind of money on a boat I’m going to buy the brand I want not a brand based on the value cause when it comes to overall value there is a lot of factors involved how well the boat holds up resale value and other things. JMO

19. Member
    Thanks for the input BCB. 20 years ago, I rode with a friend in a Pantera IV going at a high rate of speed, in continuous 2+ footers, and have been in a Basscat ever since. I can tell by your post that you understand my/our position. I needed a target price for a new boat to determine what my savings should be each month and included my trade estimate in the calculation, but the biggest part was still missing. I had no way to even remotely compare prices across brands or even compare within the same brand for a fully loaded rig until I went through this exercise. There has to be a better way to give people an idea of the price for a new boat for comparisons. Maybe sticker price or just MSRP on the website - just boat and motor MSRP $xx,xxx. "Fully loaded, tournament ready" listing the options that most tournament anglers get costs $xx,xxx. If the customers wants to switch graph brands there will be a charge, but at least there is a placeholder in the MSRP for graphs, so switching brands is not a huge cost. Obviously, if you add 2 additional graphs to the "Fully Loaded, Tournament Ready" package of 4 graphs, there will be an additional charge. I'm just thinking of ideas as I type.

20. Banned
    Not gonna lie, BCB has the most confusing boat naming lineup out there. At least yall added the lengths next to the names on your website. Couple years ago that wasn't there, and I didn't know where to look for what I was looking for. And still don't understand why you have 4 different models that are 20', and 3 different models that are 19'. And with no pricing on there, just makes it even more confusing.

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast