New England Forum Moderator twitch's Avatar

performance and roster tail

I'm running a 1990 Ranger 374V with no jackplate and a 150hp Johnson Fastrike with a 23Raker with cup added by Mark Croxton, my numbers today were 5600rpms and 57 mph a buddy was out and video taped my boat running and sent it to me and it looks like my roster tail is about 2 feet over my cowl give or take . Should I try to bring this down or try a different prop?? or just leave it as is ???
    1990 374V Ranger Still kickin' bass after all these years

2. Member
    What is the prop to pad sitting currently? I had a Johnson Venom 200 on my Skeeter and was trying to squeeze out every last mph. Most guys were running yams with p2p 2.5-3 inches. The rudes/johnnys run better deeper I found out by trial and error. Lowered 4 inch p2p and my rooster was lower than the motor and had more lift but had to re-prop. Gained 6 mph. Your slip is around 13% which isn't bad, most hulls are 8-12 but getting that tail down a bit should reduce the slip a couple points which in turn will result in more forward thrust (speed). If the p2p is 3 or less drop a mounting hole or two and see how she performs. If I'm right you'll have to re-prop as well as you still have 200-400 rpm on the table currently.

3. New England Forum Moderator twitch's Avatar
    I will try to get a prop to pad measurement as the weather gets dryer...lol thanks for your info
    1990 374V Ranger Still kickin' bass after all these years

4. Member
    I don't believe you can change ptp measurements without a jack plate. Possibly re-mounting the engine to different bolting points?. If that's possible on your set up...
    Ranger 205dvs 225opti

Sand the hooks off of the back of the pad, will lift a little better and a couple more MPH
    Thank You Leon Pugh

6. Pat Goff
    Just drop it one hole.
    Pat Goff

Two degrees from center
    of nowhere.
    Smithwick TX.

[SIGPIC][<a href=http://www.bbcboards.net/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=583&dateline=1498828542/SIGPIC] target=_blank>http://www.bbcboards.net/image.php?t...828542/SIGPIC]</a>