Adding larger graph to console

So I still have the hds 9 that came on the boat mounted inside the console. I was thinking about changing it out to a 12" but not sure how it will fit. Do you have to get a different console or can you cut some out to fit the 12?

2. BBC SPONSOR / PHOENIX MOD DREWTICK's Avatar
    its going to depend on what year and what dash you have, some will support a 12 and some will not , their are many external mount options, I sell the precision sonar mounts if I can help let me know.
    you can also get replacement dashes from Phoenix that support larger graphs
    Drewcraft Specializes in Lithium Batteries and Chargers, We carry all Brands of Trolling Motors and Graphs, Minnkota, Lowrance, Garmin, Motorguide
    910-722-0001 call or text
    info@drewcraft.com

3. Member
    Thanks Drew- I bought it in the spring of 2021 and at the time there where no 12" available. I havent called phoenix yet to price another console.
    Ill give you a shout on the mounts though when I make the move.

4. Member
    im changing out my 12 in. in dash.. im using a external mount.i couldnt see graph due to steering wheel...i would highly recommend external mount
    TrackerUser

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by 920screaming250 View Post
    im changing out my 12 in. in dash.. im using a external mount.i couldnt see graph due to steering wheel...i would highly recommend external mount
    Was hard to see my buddies HDS 8 on his 2016 that had it mounted in dash. I would vote for an external mount for the 12", leave the 9" in place, and just run dual units
    Fish have fins, they swim