THANK YOU MERCURY MARINE!!!

For making such a craptastic Fury 4!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    2023 Puma STS

2. Member
    Sorry that happened. At one time there was chatter on the internet implying the Fury 4 was more prone to throwing blades, but I can't vouch for the validity of the claim, which unfortunately you can. Hopefully the prop is still under warranty and Mercury will replace it.

3. Member
    Yep. Very common.

4. Member
    This was probably only my 10th trip with it.

I'll take it back to the dealer next week and see if they can help me get it warrantied. However, it's impossible to find props now days so even if Mercury replaces it, who knows when that'll be.

Luckily I still have my 3 blade.
    Last edited by TNReb; 01-03-2022 at 09:53 AM.
    2023 Puma STS

5. Member
    had two Fury 4's fail within 6 months. They replaced 1 as I only had like a couple hours on it before it lost an ear. Mark Croxton prop and he wrangled a replacement (took awhile). I now run Tempest he worked with more rake and cup and love it....Fury's don't like to be run shallow, so I am fanatical now about not having any rooster tail.....
    2017 Triton TRX Patriot w/250 ProXS Optimax

6. Member
    3 blade fury's break too.

7. Member
    I have a Fury 4 that i bought new 2 years ago and been running it since then with no issues on a 300 Pro XS 4S..i do not have a hydro jackplate so i would say that i keep the prop lower in the water than some others do..seems like i heard at one time that if you run a hydro jackplate high and start partially surfacing a Fury that it is more prone to failure but i could be wrong on that..i have consistently pushed it to 6200 rpm’s many times with no issues..Basscat Lynx 300 Pro XS 4S manual JP set flush at the top..
    2020 Basscat Lynx..
    2020 Mercury 300 Pro XS 4S..

8. Member
    Looks like every Trophy I ever owned

9. Banned
    Just talked about this on another thread repitching Fury 4. Sorry this happened.

Are you sure you didn't hit something ????
    Ranger Boats / Mercury Motors
    G Loomis Rods / Shimano Reels
    Raymarine / MinnKota Ultrex
    Garmin / Live Scope Plus
    Pepper Jigs / Robo Worms
    Troll Bridge / V-T2 Vents

11. Member
    I tossed a blade back in July. Had a metal expert look at it along with the marina and they both ID the flaw in the metal that caused it to break. Merc would not give a thing because it was on the motor when I bought it and did not have a receipt

If you looking for them, best place and price. Just ask if they can order one for you, I got one in hand in less than 2 months

https://www.jacosmarine.com/

12. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by wmitch2 View Post
    Are you sure you didn't hit something ????

I'm positive. I would admit it if I did. Been there done that. I didn't hit anything here.

Local dealer said they've seen Mercury warranty props I. A lot worse shape than mine, but Mercury said no to me because I purchased it over a year ago. I understand, but it also makes me mad because I haven't used it much.

For Mercury to charge as much as they do for a prop and only honor it for a year just sucks.
    2023 Puma STS

13. Member
    As mentioned, this prop is not designed to run at the surface. I see boats running mid range speeds in the 50’s still throwing giant rooster tails. Having the plate too high or too much trim will cause this.

14. Member
    Ditch that Fury and get a Croxton Razor 4.

15. Member
    Don’t get too upset yet!! I have 3(((( Fury 4 26p that look just like that one. I have just received a Bravo that I’m fixing to try and if does it I will be looking at a razor I guess

And the second and third one I payed lots of attention to how High I was running it .. Ive done my best to keep it as low as possible .. if they are that sensitive I need to try something else or Mercury needs to go back to the drawing board!
    Last edited by southern_gt; 03-11-2022 at 05:52 AM.