Installation of passenger console

I ordered my console middle of September, Picked it up at Rocklin BPS here in December, went to install it last night. I could not get it tight It still wobble. I removed it and seen two small keeper nuts that were not seated properly creating a gap between the console and the large bolts' not letting the black rubber pads seat flush with the console. The bolts for these small nuts were cross threaded and I need to buy new bolts to replace these. The large handle on one of the larger bolts the hold the console in place, came off in my hand, there is a set screw that was loose. There is a blemish on the console right below the glove box door, I will polish it out. The console came without the Z20 decals, had to order these on the side. Paid $1100.00.

I guess someone was a little careless at the factory when fabricating the console. Other than that the console matches the colors. Glove box is huge

Anyone having issues with the console?

Just venting a little, thanks

The guys at Rocklin BPS were great, this issue is not on them.

2. Member
    I also ordered my console when I bought the boat. I had a similar issue with a blemish which I polished out. No cross threading but I did struggle to get it to fit tight. I had to really cinch the keeper bolts down tight. I used some channel locks to finish the job. No issues with it and the glove box could fit a Smart Car.
    Jim
    2023 Triton 19 TRX Patriot, gunmetal/carbon mist/silver mist, 225 Merc Pro XS, SN 3B265119

3. Member
    Poor fitting console on my Z21XL too. My boat was not a custom order so purchased console afterwards. My previous boat, Z8 had 2nd console that was a little tough to install the first few times...but once I figured out the process it was a snap...not so with the Z21XL.

Took it back to my dealer and they struggled for an hour to install it. The mounts are SLIGHTLY off...which since it is metal to metal is critical...but the main problem is the sharp corner/bolt of the rod locker lid hitting the edge of the console chipping the gel.

I am taking the boat/console back to them next week to battle it. Looks like the locker lid edge needs have carpet peeled back and grinded down.

Good luck.

-Jonathan
    Jonathan Adkins
    2022 Nitro Z21xl 250 ProXS4S
    HDSLive12s/Ghost/AT2/G360

4. Member
    Our Z19 was ordered with the console and it was already installed when I picked up the boat. It fits snugly and is nice and sturdy. I have not had reason to take it off. You are right about the size of the glove box! We call it "the cavern." I found a 3 x 6 inch open top plastic box and velcro'd it into the corner inside. That's for wallets and keys so they don't get lost in the abyss.
    CMSGT, USAF, Retired
    2021 Nitro Z19, Mercury 200 Pro XS 4 Stroke, SN 2B789775

Ultrex 80/45 24v, Helix 8 G3N SI+. Helix 10 G4N DI+, Helix 3GN DI

5. Member
    I spent some time and went through all the little bolts and any that protruded past that big metal plate, I removed and ground down with a grinder. I used only a hand screwdriver.
    The two bolts that were cross threaded, I cut off the cross threaded portion and reinstalled. When I installed the console I installed the two on the side, then pushed down on the console to line up the front one. I definitely would not advertise that they install in minutes, uninstall in minutes, yes
    I did noticed that when installing you need to hear the clicking noise to make sure the large bolts are in correctly.
    I also asked on a previous post a while back about the cover for a single console fitting. The answer is yes, but the windshield needs to be removed and a towel placed on top to protect the corners